What's your biggest issue in the studio?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
1) Not being able to do shit quick enough.
2) Not being able to find shit.
3) Dumbasses I let in to the studio who bring shit like beer and then spill it on shit.
4) Being in the studio too long. It's called "studio psychosis."
5) Trying to make a motherfucker sound better than they really are.
6) Dealing with the egos of "artists" who never did shit but think they're hot.
7) Collaborating with other producers over the internet. The fucking files are always a pain in the ass to place and I don't have an intern or some shit that can do it for me, since -- well, I ain't that cool.
8) Dealing with business shit that muddles up my creative element. Hard to separate the two.
9) Trying to fix shit on your own. Or some dumbass problem comes up where you have to spend hours searching the net or calling people to figure shit out.
10) Learning a new piece of equipment. Takes too long.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Repeatedly telling mufukkas not to put drinks near any equipment.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
How about the phenomena where, not matter if its a rapper or a rapper's friend that's just with him, no matter who calls them on the phone they need to let that person know that their at "the studio".

This phenomena is the cousin of the vegetarian phenomenon.

People that cant take constructive criticism, and end up sulking or bitching like a erm... bitch. Even had a girl crying before. I mean come on, if you cant take the criticism from someone that is actually trying to help you, how the hell you gonna deal with the fickle public at large?

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Lack of Time, unsatisfaction w/ Sound quality, No Smoking, A lot More Money Going Into It Than Coming Out )>

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
People that cant take constructive criticism, and end up sulking or bitching like a erm... bitch. Even had a girl crying before. I mean come on, if you cant take the criticism from someone that is actually trying to help you, how the hell you gonna deal with the fickle public at large?
Sounds like Fury.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
How about the phenomena where, not matter if its a rapper or a rapper's friend that's just with him, no matter who calls them on the phone they need to let that person know that their at "the studio".

This phenomena is the cousin of the vegetarian phenomenon.

Word. I had one dude I chilled wit in PA and he didn't even rap and he was like, "I'm at the studio". He hung up and I was like, "The studios downstairs B." blech

I hate when you cut the song off because you instinctively heard something not right and they get bitchy. If you ask me to produce a song then I will do it the right way. I guess this goes with the ego thing. Ask anyone I worked with, you won't get that from me. I always second guess my verses.

People having to leave every 2 minutes to smoke a cigarette
oh yeah. that is why you charge hourly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Rappers that want to hear the playback after every take.

Rappers trying to tell you "yo add some reverb there" lol. Nigga mind ya fuckin business and let me do my job.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1. When someone asks me to mix a song/beat and sends me the session without some of the instruments bounced to audio and them expecting me to have the same exact plug ins. GIVE ME WAV FILES NOT PLUGINS!! lol

2. Rappers who send me a session and, to give a recent example, tell me to make them sound like jeezy, or anyone else for that matter. You are gonna sound like you, there is no jeezy plug in.

3. When mixing for someone in person, them asking why im doing something and telling me that doesnt sound right... no shit it doesnt sound right, im not done. Specifically with EQing as i do the boost all the way and then sweep to find what i DONT like and get rid of it. Well i have to find where it sounds bad first, i cant do that without hearing it.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
Ah man... I HATE that shit! I be like,"you wanted me to record and mix this shit for a reason." I don't mix anything until everybody leaves.
Used to work at a studio/engineering school when I lived in Houston . This was a big issue, as I was new to the science o f mixing and wasn't confident in my skill set. But they were the clients, so i had to go forward, field all of their questions and suggestions, while maintaining a cool disposition. That's not my temperament.

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
1. Persons who think that reverb or delay should be added to the mastering of any track.

2. Collaborations over the Internet. People expect me to have the same plugins as they have so they can avoid sending WAV files since they're "too large".

3. People who think that a song is completed just because it has been recorded, and want a copy of it.

Last edited:

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
When I worked with rappers......those who don't have their lyrics memorized. That shit irks me.. I'm here and we're recording, let's not waste 4 hours on two fucking verses....get your shit right. I understand a take here and there....but 12 takes of the same shit? Don't read off a fucking paper or blackberry, iPhone, etc.. Drake had some show about him doing that and everyone think they can pull that shit off....Stop it.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
When I worked with rappers......those who don't have their lyrics memorized. That shit irks me.. I'm here and we're recording, let's not waste 4 hours on two fucking verses....get your shit right. I understand a take here and there....but 12 takes of the same shit? Don't read off a fucking paper or blackberry, iPhone, etc.. Drake had some show about him doing that and everyone think they can pull that shit off....Stop it.

Ouch, when i recorded artists. I didn't care how long it took them to nail their material... It's their money, when the time is up the time is up.

members online