What's your poison?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Does anyone use any means of "enlightenment" when producing? I know when I'm drunk, I get fuckin lazy. I have made some sick beats on e though. Usually I stick with iced coffee and cigarettes. I know a lot of niggas get treed up while producing (I did too until I quit). Just curious.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
you know i ahve never tried dat shit when im makin beats maybe i should hmmmmmmmmmm maybe sum liquers would be nice just get into a laxed out mood

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Just don't get twisted! Don't want to accidentally knock your equipment over. Lol.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
yea boy spill my baileyz and ice on my comp be like GODAMMNN not again

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
for me, it's all about CREATING your shit SOBER.......but LISTENING to it STOOOOONED....i dont know, thats usually the method to that madness

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^^^Hey cuz I been tryna call you I think you gave me the wrong number

I like to drink holy water (gin) because I garuntee you anything I try to produce sober will not sound good, now when Im on the mic I have to be completely sober or just buzzed a lil I cannot rap under the influence I have tried many times.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man i love gettin stoned while makin beats, but i get paranoid as hell from it, always start thinkin the beats sound wack lol. but it does get you mad concentratin on that shit.

C

Copenhagen

I usually make my best beats while having a big breasted female under my desk...

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can't make tracks high it slows me down too much I don't quantize so my drums alwas sound behind when I make a beat high. if I do make a beat I'll think it soun ds better than it is. Caffiene pills work for me.

ill o.g.
Im high all the time.

But, usually, like everybody says, you get lazy when your high. So what i do, is i'll start the drum kit and all that sober. Then i get stoned and ill just record in me playin the piano stoned, cuz you all know you go to another dimension when your stoned. So i just record all the synths and /or play out the samples when im high.

So then when im sober, i make it more on point.

I always chop the samples up and all that before i get high though, cuz you just blow your high if your havin trouble findin a sound.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got some newports and my equipment. weed slows me down in the studio, so i always get blunted after i make my tracks. i usually got some lq, but i dont get too faded, then my sound levels come out all fucked up.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i usually drink coke or some other soda ..i like being sober .... i used to smoke weed and shit but i dunno it sounded kinda wack when u were u sober and came back to it.. plus it takes too long to make a beat when ur high.. and as i get older i hate getting high more and more..... .. yo hoppa were my cd at???

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
a nice big bottle of brandy or henny does the trick for me ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
when i used to DJ a lot i always found you could mix really well when stoned coz ur vibing with the music and you concentrate a lot but now i produce i just do it sober maybe a drink and some snacks !

members online