What's Your Studio Like?

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Ok guys,

I'm ressurecting this "What's your Setup" topic... But I'm interested in what kind of stuff you do with your equipment - just make beats, record vox, sample vinyl/cds, step record, live sequence?

My setup is...

Hardware:
Roland 2480 HD Recorder
Alesis Powered Monitors
MPC 2000XL
Roland XP 30 Synth
Roland RS 5 Synth
Alesis QSR Sound Module
Numark Turntable
Gemini Mixer
Gemini DJ CD Player
AKG C3000B Condenser Mic

Other Sounds:
500+ Vinyl
Sample CDs
Zip Disks

I do the track, recording, mixing, and pre-master with this home/living room setup.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Asr-10 Keyboard
Numark DJ mixer
1 turntable
2 quest speakers.

thats the setup!

B

Briellz

- Korg Triton

- Akai Mpc 2000XL (Fully loaded)

- Roland XV5080

- Numark Table Top CD Player

- Numark TT Direct Drive Turntable

- Numark Digital Mixer

- Over 1,000 Vinyls

- 6 Drum Kits (disk)

-Edirol Digital Micro Speakers

Workin on getting a Roland VS Workstation.

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Here's a pic of my studio....

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 369

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wow u guys got some hella serious equipment, to the point it can no longer be considered a hobby.
Thats the thing i dont wanna get to much stuff cause than i might feel pressured and feel like i have to make money off music.
I dont have anywhere near the levels of equipment u guys have but i think i have enuff for my current needs.

B

Briellz

Jpeg....It takes time bro....I frickkin bust my a$$ at my daytime job bro....I worked hard for what I got.

Yo Phreeze we definatly need to get together! LOL!

What part of TN are you?

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Near Nashville :eek:)

Umm yeah, I'm happy with my studio as it sits - fits all of my production needs, I just wanna start focusing on hi-fi outboard gear e.g. good good compressor (I just have good now), good good mic pre, vocal FX outboard, just a lot of nice rack gear, few more MIDI mods.

I run my studio for a business - and am starting to get the money where I want it.

I charge a modest $20 an hour for recording and mixing, and $200-$500 for tracks - less if we're cool or I'm desperate for cash!

Also, I'm going to start having some editorials/info columns weekly on IllMuzik.Com where I'll get to talk about the biz, running your biz, stuff I've encountered as a producer, etc. so make sure to check it out too!!!

One

B

Briellz

What kind of compressor do you have now?

And whats the name of the real good good good compressor you want to get?

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Right now I'm using the compression and phantom power/mic pre that's built-in the Roland 2480, but I want to get a Focusrite Red Dog tube pre-amp, and a Behringer tube compressor.

Want that powerful in-your-face warm vocal.

But I'm getting happier with my current recording/mix quality every day as I get better.