when did hip hop stop giving a fuck?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's true. With the shit going on in Ferguson right now, that's something that would have prompted rappers to hit the streets and protest along with the people. But more importantly, they would be making songs about it. I've been saying that for years and this is a perfect example.

Gone are the political groups (Public Enemy) that would bring these issues to the masses through music. It's too bad, but it shows how much not only music has changed, but society as well.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
As a culture, HIP HOP only really exists in the hearts of those that choose to keep it alive...As a race, it's just more of the same BS, even the so called "black organizations" like the NAACP has taken a turn in the wrong direction (at times...) which has stained their image among the black community as a whole. To me, it's a sign of the times, what was once considered taboo is the norm and people of all walks have centered their focus around their own personal struggles. Nowadays it takes a huge catastrophe where hundreds of lives are affected to get major attention.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's crazy, because right now Hip Hop artists should be jumping all over that Ferguson killing. Where are they? Wasn't the "Fight The Power" song done because a teen got shot in Brooklyn?

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
i think snoop joined the protest and j cole dedicated a song to the boy, although its just really hard to believe that this acts are from the heart or just another way to gather more fans and profits.

(isnt nelly from st louis?)

hiphop really changed from peace love and unity to all about the money. sad. :(
mainstream dont care if there arent any profits
undergrounds and locals are just focused in getting into the big leagues.
money talks.

members online