When Rappers Finally Get It

• beat this! voting starts in...

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
How many times have we seen rappers who grew up in front of our eyes and benefit from that maturity? For example, Jay-Z started putting out material (His latest major release) 4:44 went platinum and had "Grown Up" lyrics on it. Remember the days when he rapped about Money, Cash, Hoes...years later, he "grows up" and puts together an album 4:44 about responsibility, etc... and goes platinum. Why? probably because there is a huge void in the rap industry when it comes to what rappers talk about and he helped fill that craving. Not everyone can pull this off. Maybe a few other rappers come to mind who are conscious but are they have always been so. Even before that, there is Public Enemy, came out with "My Uzi Weighs A Ton" album to make a name only to completely mature and switch up and release "It Takes A Nation of Millions", KRS-One/BDP and Ice-Cube have followed similar scripts and made it big. This is is the type of hip-hop music that we need to get back to. Maybe not releasing nonsense and then mature lyrics but mature lyrics from the get-go. Or perhaps to gain a following for the masses, you have to release non-sense because that is what the average person likes for entertainment?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
People bash on musicians for releasing shit but its the people paying for this bullshit why they keep milking the non-sense lyrics cow.
Why would you put in work when you dont have to to that extent? Id do it to master my craft and progress for myself and maybe all those bullshit rappers can actually drop some hot, intelligent shit but it just doesnt pay off?

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
People bash on musicians for releasing shit but its the people paying for this bullshit why they keep milking the non-sense lyrics cow.
Why would you put in work when you dont have to to that extent? Id do it to master my craft and progress for myself and maybe all those bullshit rappers can actually drop some hot, intelligent shit but it just doesnt pay off?
Yeah, I get it..At the end of the day its about the demand. The average person anywhere probably (on average) identifies with non-sense. Most people are average, average people get C's in school...anything more intelligent in lyrics is probably only get a small sliver of the population. You have to build a following of non-sense first before you can educate them on what they really need to hear as you all mature.

members online