when u start to make a beat do u start with the verse part or with the chorus part?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
That all depends and the type of beat, your personal preference and the MC's

A Uptempo beat, a wild beat, or a energic beat could start with the Chorus if you want the beat to start on a high note... but it could also start with the verse if you want to have a build up... (of course that would mean that the chorus has more "energy" than the verses...)

A smooth beat would be the same... since it's smooth, if the chorus is smooth, you could choose the start with the chorus so the people can get in the groove at the very beginning of the song.

Bottom line... putting the chorus 1st will give the whole song the feel of the chorus...

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah i never really think about what im going to start with, it just happens. most of the time its the general backbone of the beat that makes the verse and then just add the lead melody for a course and WHAM you got the verse and the course but it will happen however its suppost to happen. GOOD LUCK!!

Kontents

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
the fact is, it doesn't matter. There is obviously 2 possibilities, and they are both used commonly for you to ask this question

B

BeatBoy

I just build a track and then when i get done. I just take out certain instrument for the verse and then bring them back in on the hook. Or either i save certain parts to add in the verse later on in the verse to throw in some spice on the track.but i never really sit down and be like imma do the verse or the hook first i just started making a track and adding different elements and when im done i just arrange it then.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i normally aim to make the core of the beat so that would be the verse, but then i usuall layer all my stuff on top of that that i think i might add in at various points so it becomes a big mash of sounds then ill mute and solo stuff once ive got everything tracked out in PT !

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't think about at all once I'm amking a beat. The chrous usual incorporates some of the verse parts. I change the drums so they come up just a bit in the mix, different seqence here and there. It all up to your preference when making the track. You may do a chrous that totally off from the verse parts. It's just up to you to pick your starting point.

CalmPlexx

ill o.g.
Personally i start with the main melody of the track. I'll start making the verse part of the track, then i'll Fill everthing else in. But alot of the time i dont even think about that. AT times im plainning on starting with the verse and it ends up being the hook as i continue. Its all up to your creativity dogg, theres no rules here man. Do ya thing

members online