When using samples ?

mod_m@tr!xx

Beatmaker
I use youtube alot to find motivation and inspiration but lately i have been seeing people use a lot of sample on their beat videos and some actually show the record they sample or the piece thier going to use. As i look around i see that they have like 10 - 20 k views for this video and i was wondering are they getting paid for this video even though theyre using obvious samples? Can I do the same ?

Heres a example video

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@mod_m@tr!xx don't worry about if they're getting paid, just do you.

mod_m@tr!xx

Beatmaker
@mod_m@tr!xx don't worry about if they're getting paid, just do you.

Well if doing me involves using samples and wanting to do similar videos it think it would help to know. The main thing to know was if its okay to do this even though samples arent cleared ? Or is it more of an attention grabber to gain views for original stuff ?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@mod_m@tr!xx I know Youtube has some sort of tag identifier to catch copyright material, then they take it down. So I don't know how some of these people are able to sneak under the radar for that, but maybe it's just luck. It's like when you find tons of songs on Youtube, especially old ones. But I don't know if they're getting paid. They might be but of course if their video gets flagged then it will get taken down right away and the account possibly suspended.

For beatmaking videos though, it could be that they get away with it because it's just samples they're using from a sample pack or flying under the radar, as I mentioned above. I would say just do it though. Make your videos and see what happens.