where can i get some hard hitting lil jon sounds from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i hear most of his music and he has hard hitting bass kicks that are banging i have a mpc200xl and im trying to get a hold of some sounds like that.

C

Copenhagen

What I have heard of his stuff (which is only a couple of tracks), it seems that he uses a lot of TR-808 and TR-909 drums. These are fairly easy to find and come with a lot of kits.

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sound like he just fart into a mic and scream over whatever the sound engineer puts out.

N.A.R.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
They come from a motif that is no Triton

I got the same sounds he uses on mine.....I also have worked in a studio where he brings his trax in NY

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Come on jwalk, you dont want to sound like Lil Jon, man! All the tracks I heard from him are remixes of the same song!!!!! It's ridiculous!

I always say that, in beat making, you should sound like YOU!

C

Copenhagen

I'm not a fan of Lil Jon either, but jwalk isn't asking us for our opinion but where to get those sounds. Now either help him with that or leave the thread. Thank you ;)

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
Come on jwalk, you dont want to sound like Lil Jon, man! All the tracks I heard from him are remixes of the same song!!!!! It's ridiculous!

I always say that, in beat making, you should sound like YOU!
dont get it twisted partna my style is my own and im not on lil jons shit i just want the 1 lil 808 kick he has so i can do my own thang with it

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
jwalk said:
dont get it twisted partna my style is my own and im not on lil jons shit i just want the 1 lil 808 kick he has so i can do my own thang with it

All right, my bad... I shouln't dis a fellow producer like that, but I just can't stand that MC anymore (always yelling and sh*t)

but to get that bass like sound, you gotta add a little distortion to your 808 kick. that's what gives the impression that, even when you listen to the song with lame speakers, you still hear a phat bass...

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is that lead sound a preset on the Triton? I can get almost the exact same sound out of my Access Virus b with a little tweak of the 30 knobs :)

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
jwalk said:
You can find an 808 kick in anything it's in all software moudules and keyboards

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i cant believe it took 2 pages to answer this question.......

every drum machine/keyboard/module i have ever used has the 808 kits on it... that includes software...

so, with that question answered, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.