where do you go to sell your beats?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Besides PMPWorldwide.com which is the only site that is official ... All those other sites like beattrader and etc. aren't good places to do business with at all. Don't depend on those
sites because you aren't going to be seeing a nice chunk of change like many think they
are going to see quick with one of those websites helping.

I've sold plenty of beats and it was all based off of networking and sending beat samplers
out to artists ... They hear a beat they like in the sampler, hit me up and tell me, I tell'em
the track and price, they make the offer to buy and we do business. Best way to do biz
directly with the artist or his/her representative.

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hahah, man someone just recomended me beattrader earlier today, and i just put up two beats on there for $25 each. which, your right, is NOT a chunk of change. but on the other hand, it's my first time that i'm actually attempting to sell my beats, so i mean if they get sold for that much i'm down even though i'm sure i could get more for them

and networking..
with the itnernet and all it makes things a hella lot easier to find rappers and such since i don't know many rappers. do you have any suggestions though to where i should start looking for some potential buyers. you think myspace would work?

thanks bro

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hahah, man someone just recomended me beattrader earlier today, and i just put up two beats on there for $25 each. which, your right, is NOT a chunk of change. but on the other hand, it's my first time that i'm actually attempting to sell my beats, so i mean if they get sold for that much i'm down even though i'm sure i could get more for them

and networking..
with the itnernet and all it makes things a hella lot easier to find rappers and such since i don't know many rappers. do you have any suggestions though to where i should start looking for some potential buyers. you think myspace would work?

thanks bro

www.soundclick.com/elementsrtyte

Go out and meet people.
Give cd's to local MC's.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.

and networking..

thanks bro
Don't sell yourself short for the quick cash especially $25.00 ... At least push it up
too at least $150-250 so you make something out of it. As for myspace sure i've gotten
a well known artists contact info just by sending a message to the artists myspace. I got
an email replied to me which i then send a beat sampler to with my number and the artist
actually called me up a few days later for a specific beat from the sampler. Try forums
as well theirs so forums on the net where some big names actually run thru you just
have to find the right ones. Also network with other producers and DJ's as well because
you never know who'll lend a helping hand or a contact.

As for tagged cd's thats sort of like what I do except I make one mp3 w/30 sec
snippets that fade in and out (Yes their tagged lightly) and I email it to my
contacts/artists/managers ...

The net works ... Trust me, but you have to know where to look.

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't sell yourself short for the quick cash especially $25.00 ... At least push it up
too at least $150-250 so you make something out of it. .

competitions crazy on those crazy ass websites. you can find amazing beats for 25.00 with exclusive rights. it's shit. i talked to some other people and a hell of a lot of people say they use myspace and it works. this one cat sold 4 beats in 2 hours! it's rediculous man. i do believe its all about networking, so i'm going to get on top of that, just talking/meeting random people.

and good thinking with the sampler idea. gonna jump on that too

and whatt relic? you can sell beats here?

ohh and you got any forums by name?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Get in with your local radio station-- intern there and build relationships. You can hope that someone will swoop by and buy your beat from a web site, but in reality, you need to create a clientele and build respect for yourself. You need to get above the oversaturated crowd of hiphop producers these days.

When you're at the radio station, get in with the music director and see who the record reps that visit the station are... like what songs are they shopping around. Remember, people in those circles also are get the prized beat cds of famous producers like Kanye or Tim-- where you can hear their raw tracks. If you can start pawning your stuff off in those "elite" circles you have a better chance of making it than being in the game only through the internet.

PKProductions

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

Bro, screw $25 man, get your grind on with it man, hustle them beats, lol. But seriously hear me out, if you sell your beats for $25, and they start getting popular, and you decide to raise the price, your gonna have people asking why they cant get em for $25 any more. Customer satisfaction is important of course, but you always start high man, if they dont sell at a high price you can always lower the price, but its hard to keep people happy when you raise the price on your stuff. I mean hell you can even get cocky with it, put an outrageous price on there, you can always lower it if it doesnt sell, no one complains about lowering the price, keep that in mind. real talk.

F

FaycBlaq

you can also check out www.faycblaq.co.za

we got a beatstore dropping soon to cater more for the african market...

this is not to say that its only for the african cats but its simply a platform that has payment options more suitable for the market this side (myspace doesnt allow us over here to receive cash n alla that)

once thats up, any1 from across the world can sell their beats on there.....just that itl be to a predominanty african customer base (you know them dudes herr got the cash)

drop your email addy in the mailing list or joint the forum there and youll know in a couple of weeks when its up..

peace

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Besides PMPWorldwide.com which is the only site that is official ... All those other sites like beattrader and etc. aren't good places to do business with at all. Don't depend on those
sites because you aren't going to be seeing a nice chunk of change like many think they
are going to see quick with one of those websites helping.

I've sold plenty of beats and it was all based off of networking and sending beat samplers
out to artists ... They hear a beat they like in the sampler, hit me up and tell me, I tell'em
the track and price, they make the offer to buy and we do business. Best way to do biz
directly with the artist or his/her representative.

Sup H&R... goin to school in New Haven next year. Is there a decent scene there? Are there some good artists in New Haven?

Congrats on being successful. I know that certain artists will listen to anything that comes in as long as it is solicited. 50 takes shit from random ass people who never been heard of before. I'm sure other guys do too.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i say ur best bet is to not even try and sell beats nessecarily, just work with dope artists. Its so rare to get ur first placement with a major artist out of nowhere. theres too many people doing the online thing posting beats beats for sale. Back in the day evrybody wanted to be rapper, now its like everybody wants to produce. Its actually fairly easy to get at some good up and coming and indie rappers. Some major label acts are even fairly accessible if u really try and get at them. I would work on just getting some quality songs completed, even if u dont get paid for it. Once people see the quality of work you can do for other people, they will get at you. Trust me. Im a featured pmp producer but I get way more people hollering at me through myspace or in person in reference to the "songs" I produced rather than just beats Ive posted. Ive had some decent sized names hit me up out of nowhere like "that cyserro joint is dope! Send me some snippets!" .......... nobody really hits me up saying "oh i like that beat on ur pmp page, how much for it?" it dont really go down like that. For other cats it might be diffrent, but for me the best way to advertise ur production is to actually have production lol.......not just have some hot beats posted on a website somewhere.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I agree with Ash 199% I'm a member of PMP as well. I believe it's the same "already" established producers that get work from there. I keep my account because u can at least get your tracks right into the hands of "real" A&R's at "real" labels! I use it as basically publicity & promotion for my groups and my production company. If I ever get on with an independent artist that I produce, at least I might get the " I remember getting a track from that producer on PMP worldwide " line, which may bring business in the future! U have to spend money to make money so I use it for what it's worth. I can't do the $25 beat shhhh....I just can't lower my skills like that...I'd rather give my shit away to a hungry artist with potential than do that.

Hit the scene and find some groups to work with! That's your best shot as an up and coming producer IMO.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Sup H&R... goin to school in New Haven next year. Is there a decent scene there? Are there some good artists in New Haven?

Congrats on being successful. I know that certain artists will listen to anything that comes in as long as it is solicited. 50 takes shit from random ass people who never been heard of before. I'm sure other guys do too.

The best thing about the good ol' Elm City (New Haven) is that you are close to the "city" (New York). You could hit Hartford and Bridgeport as well, but for the most part access to New York is the best part of living in the Elm as far as musically.

Spiderman

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I'm really considering joing PMP... I was reading up on it yesterday and it sounds like a nice opportunity...

as soon as I get back home from SC I'm gonna do it...