Which DAW Do You Guys Prefer and Why

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Right now my preference is Logic since I got my mac, its strait to the point. When I first started making beats in 04 until 2011 I was on $99 version of cubase which was dope.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i'm all over the place. logic, reason, machine....probably reason some more once 7 comes out, until a new version of logic comes out....you get the picture.

it's funny how i can be in logic, and not be able to come up with anything. close logic, open reason, and get flooded with ideas....works the other way around as well.

R&R Roddy

Ableton's Live became a part of me, which i will NEVER let go... it's like my baby... or my bff. I can get anything out of my head and into the arrangement. even the audio effects and instruments OH AND MIDI effects are magnificent. I got the SUITE version because i always like factory packs from any company's product. try it out on their site, you can use suite as a demo... you just cant save or export but hey, if you record into hardware, you can make some good stuff.

Roostermusic

Battle Points: 11
I use Reason 7. I love it!
I also have a big, old, superexpensive Pro Tools TDM that I can use whenever I want, but I don't.
Reason is fast, reliable, fun and sounds great. Since I'm an old analog-modular-synth-guy, the RE's are fantastic!
It's also great to have the exact same set up on my laptop so I can work everywhere. In the studio I run it on an iMac.
In addition to this I use Traktor Pro for some club remixes and stuff.
I also have Triqtraq, Animoog and Figure on my iPhone just for fun. It's really a fast way to do something creative. Mess around, export the loops to Reason, REX it up and create! :)

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
I use FL Studio 11, Reason 7, Magix Music Maker, Maschine, and a whole bunch of other DAW's. Each brings their own style and sound.

JGUNZ

I have had a chance to play with a lot of different DAWs from PC to mac, and I have to say that I love using Logic the best. I have logic pro 9 and I have developed a quick workflow to make beats and do mixing with ease. I also like using the maschine software for beat making, and I'm thinking of trading in my micro MkII for the new maschine studio