Which is Quicker?

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Which can you make a beat on quicker? Pc or Hardware?

Most cats will probably say PC but I think I move faster with hardware? I'll have incomplete beats sitting in a file for weeks. I get another idea and switch to that! With that hardware what I start I finish. I don't have to draw out my drums(ACID) I can just play a pattern on the yamaha. So I seem to have more done at the end of the week. BUT I HATE 3.5's AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! Them shits be all over the place. Then I start using the zip disk DOUBLE AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH! That shit got old, too! But I still get my beats done a lil faster

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
it really depends whos using and what they're used to... i think that if it's over a cat whos been using hardware their whole life and a cat that's been using software... the dude with the hardware would produce a better beat faster...

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Definitely quicker with hardware for me.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Both for me. At one time I would've said software, but I just copped the Roland MV 8000 and I'm all over that joint. Reason is my choice for software. I fly on both.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think im quicker with hardware too... Software i get way more in depth with though, the eq's, compressions, and all that tweakable shit... I usually only use software for sampling and i use the triton for compositions but i just copped sampletank2xl so i could equalize everything out... Overall though i think i bang'em out way fatser on harware...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I can make a beat in about 10-15mins on a pc. Give me a prize and I'll make it even faster.

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
I can make it faster on a pc but thats only because i have been using it longer than hardware but im sure it takes about the same time cuz u need to find the sounds and edit them so,,,same shiiiiit