which mpc?

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Medicine Man
the Beat Minerz still use a SP1200/Akai SU900 combo which is in the stone age(Flinstone Beats)! I think hip-hop producers need to stop thinking that if you use a newer piece of equipment then its not hip-hop.

what??????????????
how can you be from frisco and say that??????
i got a sp1200 with only 10 seconds sample time and make more complex shit than rainbow chocolate flavored moon horse shit.....
if you need more time buy a flux capacitor, samplin is all about the creative use of the sounds you take!!!! not how many or how long.. can you really take more than 20 seconds of one sample and flip it??? i think not, as for me i like that flintstone dopeness of 12 crunchy bits smashin your brains..just call me fat fred!
im not sayin you cant make ill shit with new equp. but dont knock the foundation or you might end up fallin off......
a whole lot of cats use old equp. because you just cant get that sound from nothin else
i.e.
pete rock,madlib,premo,jaydee to name a few
tribes first album was all sp1200 and s900 or s950, was that stone-age wackness? if so i cant wait to be stoned like that
to each his own, and i agree...... read up on everything and choose wisely!
if your getting used shit send it out first to get it tuned up and checked out, before you end up hating it cause some shit aint up to par, and wind up catchin some new equip. blues.

yo medicine....
we do an open mic in sf next to the guitar center in the red eye lounge every tuesday at 10:30, check it.....
would be sick to have some illmuzik peeps up in it
peace

faint

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
the reason for the sp is the sound there is no better soundin drum machine out period no mpc or any other gear can come close to the drum sounds stone age doubt it i think thats just peoples opinion that never used the machine and had to settle for a 2000

members online