Which producer do you resemble the most??

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was listening to 7L and Esoteric's albums DC and DC2: Bars of Death and the beats on that shit was real familiar to my beats. I'm not saying 7L and me dig the same samples or anything like that but the style we use is very similar. More emphasis on Equalizing the sample and making the loop stand out with few change-ups in the process. I was listening to that and I was thinking that my beats are kinda simliar.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
i don't think I resemble any producer I've heard. And I'd like to keep it that way. To sound like me, good or bad, is just natural for me. I don't want to and won't strive to sound like anything else.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I don't know why people on here are so scared of sounding like someone else?? If you listen to interviews of 2day's hot producers, most of them said that their sound was influenced by some producer when they started.

What you need to know, is that, when you take a producer as an exemple, what happens is at first you do certain things his way, than it the process of making your beats, you discover other things and you create your own sound inspired by that producer.

I think, that my style is similar to Eminem's style, in a sense that my beats are very emotional and dramatic.

Stick_Man

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i go about things like just blaze but add my own twist to it... i also look to timbo or dre depends on my mood foreal

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
alot of peeps say i got the sound of rza plus the fact that im living in si rite now but i try to be creative and sound like me as much as possible lol

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
El-p, Blueprint, Minnesota, Necro, Ant Banks, Ant, Blockhead, The Animal Crackers, and some that I dont know the names of>

Jrell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Mannie fresh and The Legendary Traxster I think has the most influence on my music production

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
My influences are Pete Rock, Jay Dee, Easy Mo Bee, Kev Brown, 9th Wonder and RZA(and other Wu-producers).

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
the rest of my influences are blockhead, nobody, prefuse 73, diplo, aes rock's production, a lot of drum n bass, north indian classical music.

my mc influences are probly pretty obvious if youve heard me but they include: vast aire, el-p, aes rock, murs (cadence-wise), dose one, sage, cage's new stuff, eligh, scarub, c-rayz...theres more but thats mostly it with my own twist.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
jmaafia said:
the rest of my influences are blockhead, nobody, prefuse 73, diplo, aes rock's production, a lot of drum n bass, north indian classical music.

my mc influences are probly pretty obvious if youve heard me but they include: vast aire, el-p, aes rock, murs (cadence-wise), dose one, sage, cage's new stuff, eligh, scarub, c-rayz...theres more but thats mostly it with my own twist.

you listen to shit music dude. seriously, get off that def jux/anticon bandwagon.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:
you listen to shit music dude. seriously, get off that def jux/anticon bandwagon.

Everyone got their own taste...and I wouldn't call Def Jux shitty just cuz I don't like them...because you can tell that they work hard at their music.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:

You penis.

Come on now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...I'm definately not saying you shouldn't think all Def Jux artists are shit, but come one mate - calling every artist on a label 'shit' is a little unfair.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
are you seriously going to sit at your computer and tell me i'm on a bandwagon? for it to be a bandwagon, it would mean that no def jux artist has any skill and they dont offer anything admirable. that would also mean that dose one should have quit when he almost beat eminem at skribble jam and he shouldnt have tried going other places in the art form. that also must mean that your opinion reigns supreme over any actual fact.

which it may...who knows. everyone is entitled to their opinion but the more mature way to handle one that would have been something like "well, thats your taste...not too into def jux though". im not gonna cry if someone doesnt like some of the music i listen to (read: SOME, i.e. a fraction; not all) but i have to draw the line at you telling me i'm on a bandwagon...that is complete and utter bullshit for you to act like you know me when you are miles away jerking off at your computer.

i'm not going to start a thread war and get this shit closed down so i am ending it here. i won't respond to any shit talking after this because i'm here to be constructive. learn to live correctly and know that opinion does not equal fact.

peace