Which type of music do you sample the most?

Which type of music?

• Classical

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • Jazz

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Funk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

$Maximillion$

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I sample funk the most cuz its always something interesting inside of the songs to mess with. Funk always gives you new challenges. Cause out of all those to sample from I think funk is the illest when it is chopped up and layered right with the right drums.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i actually voted for soul, but recently ive been sampling almost exclusively 80s rock songs. i figure if i can find out a way to get a hot beat out these, im set, because of what my collection consists of, and what the local record stores have in the dollar bins.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Lately I've listening to latin jazz. So many great sounds from that genre!

LILW

ill o.g.
Straight soul yo.. from The Chamber Brothers to Rachelle Ferrell to The Commodores, Roberta Flack, etc... all those good time oldies and soul music I can't get enough of them...

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I'd say Jazz. Mainly cos im only sampling what my parents have at the moment and theres a lot of Jazz there, but im not complaining! I do really enjoy listening to Jazz too, so I love incoparating it into my own music.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use samples from this non-comerial tehno or i don't know what to call it my sister listens to because they are using so meny generes i always find somthin unusual and cool and it's great. shw knows i don listen to that but from time to time i go to her and ask what else you got? can u lend it?

Phi'Zik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Always the cheapest crates and the most unknow.Why buying a 20$ record that a lot of people have still chopped, the cover bands of the 60s-70s are nice for that because everybody knows the melody but no one knows the cover.

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Soul because my pop has a crazy record collection which is mostly soul but i will sample anything if i can make it a hot track

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i been sampling soul the most but thats only cause thats what has been available.. Jazz, and rock (70s) have some sick sounds to be had. its all about taking sounds from everywhere

Kohlmon

ill o.g.
i definately drifted away from soul and that. im movin into jazz and raggae actually. Ive been findin mad loops in old raggae. im suprised its not an option.