Which VST Is BEST for...

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sup Everyone -

Im looking for a VST/s

That do 2 things - Slice or let me load REX into its sampler and play it through the keys.
Similar to fl slice - but if there is something better than fl slicer? NNXT is an example - but i dont use reason...so any Native Instrument Products or else does that ? I know intakt does...but maybe some others do too ?

Then i need one that Lets you load a SINGLE sound - and maps its pitches across the keys so you can play it out like a melody..similar to the NNXT or NN19 as well.

Basically what are the ALTERNATIVES to NNXT/FL SLICER.

let me know...or i have to stick to simpler and fl slicer :spaz:

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
kontakt comes to mind...............

actually thats your best option, that or the emulator x imho. both are designed for in depth patch creation.

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Agility said:
Yes, Kontakt is the god! 2 is absolutely wicked. :)
actually its somewhat unneccesarily complicated, but it is extremely powerful

the whole globaleffects setting as natural setting has got to go

when they get rid of that it will be a fucking wicked program...heres to kontakt 2.5/3 getting rid of kontakt 2's old problems

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I checked Kontakt, and it looks sick as F***, but I dont wanna put up money right now (I'mma Scrooge). so is there something close to Kontakt but free...

From what I saw in that fruity loops clip someone posted, it's a program that can time stretch and pitch shift samples instead of only streching them... right?

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I found this program that apparently some people know about called Audacity. It's free and you can slice, time stretch, compress, eq, etc. with it and.....it's free. It's not the best thing out there but it's free and it works. Although, the slicing aspect of it is awesome. If you want to try it, here's the link:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/audacity/audacity-win-1.2.3.zip?download

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
is there a vst (other than Kontakt) that is free and can do the same thing Kontakt does?

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
is there a vst (other than Kontakt) that is free and can do the same thing Kontakt does?
the only way you are going to get anyhting the sheer power of kontakt for free, is if you get kontakt2 or motu machfive from a torrent site....there is absolutely no way a company would make something as powerful as kontakt or machfive and not market it....those programs take alot of r&d money!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Sin:Aesthetic said:
the only way you are going to get anyhting the sheer power of kontakt for free is if you get kontakt2 or motu machfive from a torrent site

:fire: :cuss:

I didn't want to resort to this ... I'm trying to stay on the ligit side now... (even if nothing is forcing me to do it...) I mean, now, I use Audacity instead of CEP, and I bought the real version of Fruity. I already bought the program for a friend, so I could have asked for a copy, but nnnnnoooo, I bought a 2nd box. That's kind of enough (I'm a scrooge, I tell ya)

I'll try to dig and find one... wish me luck, guys! We never know! I mean, Audacity is free and is kind of complex too...

members online