Who do you get feedback from?

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Who do yall producers out there get feedback from? I'm not asking how do I get feedback on this site.... I'm asking who LOCALLY, face to face, verbally, not behind a computer, WHO do you go to for feedback?

Also, not feedback to gas you up when you're feeling like you aint producing sheeeeeeep at the moment... I know everyone in here has to do that when they're feeling low about their style... "yo check this beat out....." .... "MAN that's bananas!! when you blow up you gotta remember me!!"

Do you go to your girlfriend/wife (or for some of yall... boyfriend...), siblings, co-workers, fellow students, rabbis, proctologists, homies, bank tellers, drive through technicians, etc???

hit me back with responses... my uneducated ass doesnt know how to do polls yet....

"Hollar back, Player!":dance:

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
That's mainly why I joined this site. Most of the people I know can give an opinion on if they like it or not but no real advice on how to make it better. I mostly look for feedback on my mixes anyway since music is really about personal taste. I know better than to try to please everybody on one track. It's still kinda hard to get constructive criticism here. There are some good dudes here who will break ur stuff down for u but then you got the ones that don't say anything and make u wonder how bad it really is.

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I always ask people who don't listen to hip hop...if they like it, chances are the heads will like it too.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Originally posted by hookiefree
That's mainly why I joined this site. Most of the people I know can give an opinion on if they like it or not but no real advice on how to make it better. I mostly look for feedback on my mixes anyway since music is really about personal taste. I know better than to try to please everybody on one track. It's still kinda hard to get constructive criticism here. There are some good dudes here who will break ur stuff down for u but then you got the ones that don't say anything and make u wonder how bad it really is.

I'll sometimes go to my girl, because she doesn't give a shit... If I come off lame, she'll say so without hesitation. On the other hand, when it's real.... her eyes almost sparkle... and it's not dollar bills going off in there either.

For SOLID feedback on the style and feel, I'll usually go to people with similar tastes as me... but that can be biased because if I like Common, Mos, Kweli, Hi-Tek, etc.... and I make a track that they would shine on, of course my man who listens to them too will like it. The dude listening to swizz meats or Granny Fresh will think its trash.

All in all... first, I'll go to either Morris or John, 2 emcees I'm working with (that'll blow ANYONE you know out of the water... wait & see) because they will let me know what's up. Then whatever's good trickles down to my girl for feedback because she has different tastes, so she isn't biased, and she'll support it if its real, and dookie on it if it's all R. Kelly sounding.

damn, I love corn chips.

dantson

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
The best thing is to go and have different people that don't know you listen.....Friends will usually tell you lies so they don't hurt your feelings..
I try to find People that at least can write lyrics and have a good delivery or flow and might understand how a song needs to be structured......I don't just make instrumentals for the sake of playing it without an MC......so who better than a seasoned MC that doesn't just listen to one style of track......Dantson hit the nail on the head on that one......a producers concept of his hottest beat sometimes will never be unanimous amongst MC's or just plain listeners...........I find out when selling beats because I might have 2 cats listening at the same time that is how I find out what is completely WACK......or hey I need to try that hott shitt with another track......I have been getting my mixing better like Hook said he was doing, I rewired my entire setup and it made a helluva difference..........

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Originally posted by classic
This sounds silly,
but i let my mom hear it.
I have been playing the piano since i was 8 and musically, she was the only one who's opionion I truly valued

Even though I havent been doing this producing thing that long. I still value her opionion the most

class...

I think you're 100% on point with that source of opinion. No matter how wack you are, or how real you are, mom's gonna say it truthfully, with support and an open mind. F*** the world, she's the only chick that matters.

E

Equality 7-2521

i show beats to my friends n shit but the only person who i actually ask for technical feedback from is my older bro. he doesnt make beats but he understands what sounds good/right and what sounds bad/wrong. so i usually just do my thing and then point out to him the part i need a second opinion on. he normally agrees with me but if he suggests something different, it is often a big help. he has a nack for that.

but the internet is where i get feedback when the beat is finished.

i dont usually like showing cats unfinished beats.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i just show them to as many people as possible, of people whos opinions i value obviously, by that i mean people that know what's good music and what's not, not the kinda peeps that jam to brittney spears, and basically get some general feedback, and try and put all the points into one direction and see where that's at if u feel me.

but i personally think not many people at all who give you feedback will give you real honest feedback, the majority that do being industry cats of some sort.

C

CooGi_dice

i go to a few people, usualy when i JUST make a track and it seems to have no sort of direction...

i ask some artists that i work with and producer freinds of mine, i also know pro's and industry people so i take some of my "diffrent" stuff to them just to see how they feal.

the best people to listin to my tracks though are girls and people who realy love music, but music other then just hip hop.
if i got alot of girls fealing one of my tracks i know its hot and would sell, ha ha girls are my secret weapon.

members online