Who do you think is the greatest MC???

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
KRS is a great, KRs is in hip hop's DNA but can your mama name a song by Krs, Pac got more albums dead than Krs got in the 20 year he been in the game, KRS can't futher express hisself in acting,. Can you DJ a whole party of KRS songs. Sales are a factor in judging overall the greatest MC, Pac's one album can crush Krs sales for 20 years flat.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
sales???? How would sales play a part...it's the artform dude! I agree with the whole sales aspect. But talkin sales,,that takes away from the whole art of rhymin! So if your going to go by sales,,,lets say this...

Chingy(god I hate that kid) sold more albums then El P this year,,so hypthetically,,,Chingy is the better MC? Thats not much to go on!

Who cares what my mamma knows,,who cares if I could go to a party with just Pac joints! When sales come into play,,then so do the record label execs who listen to Bruce Springsteen in their spare time,,tell their artist how to "create" songs,,how to "change" their style to make them,,umm I mean the artist Millions,,,come on !!!

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well I meant sales as one of the many categories, I think the category your'e getting at is,. if they battled who would win at the witty one liners, or freestyling
I would maybe say KRS.
When I say does your mama know a KRS song , thats an example of the impact and mass appeal of the artist. Like its people that song better than Marvin Gaye, and it people that can shoot better than Jordan, but the appeal that had made them great.
Hey lets agree to disagree, KRS would be number one in some
categories and Pac in some. But in my opionion Pac would win more categories. I love KRS, I met him a public radio station down here, and I was like damn I sitting next to a fucking legend,

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Pac is the best of all-time by far. Alive is Eminem. Eminem will beat anyone in the world in a battle, freestyle or written. He is the best lyrically, and every time he raps on the same song as someone he murders him and takes the song over. His flow is original and stays impressive. Most rappers who use so many syllables in their rhymes talk about nothing and don't get their point across (like ludacris), but em always does. A lot of people hate on him cuz he's white but who cares? Like he says, in less you wanna fuck him why do care what he looks like? His only weakness is sometimes he goes too far dissin pop icons and shit and rappin about Nsync and them.

4NG3L1X

Goldy_C said:
Pac
Tupac wasnt just an mc he was a rapper/poet/revolutionary. Not to mention the amount of versatility that he had in his song makin anything form I get around to Brendas got a Baby or I Wonder if Heaven got a ghetto to When We ride on our enemies. Another one of Pac's strngths was his ability to relate with people in the gutter and give a vivid street narrative to where the record sales were being made (White suburban America). Also his truth, at no point would Pac sit down and write and it would just be about bullshit, everything was either his life or what was really goin on in the hood. When Tupac wanted you to feel him you felt him like in Dear Mama, and when Pac wanted you to be afraid of him you were (even though he was only like 5'9 120lbs) like in Bomb First or Who shot ya. Also Pacs ability to bring the best in other rapper's made him great, most of the outlawz are garbage without Pac (except Fatal) and to this day rappers all over are using his rhymes in their lyrics, even his enemies (like Jay-z, and Nas) constantly give him props, use his lyrics and are featured in remixes (Me and my girlfriend, thug mansion). Ill put it like this realistically how many rappers out right now will be remembered like Pac? You know a man has an effect on people if they dont want to let him go and deny his death

I so feel this Pac is the best, no one i'v ever heard brought it like he did. His music i hope will always be apreciated.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
KRS ONE - no one comes close, he did everything..
and about sales fuck that too recite Immortal Technique: "no ones as good as good as me, they just got better marketing schemes"
I saw him live last week and also MacLethal both are crazy!

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Man these posts suck...why did someone have to start this one back up when the same argument is going on in the other one? At least most people were arguing about worthy MCs until Eminem got brought up again. And no I don't hate Em cuz he's white and no I didn't drink my haterade, cuz I would never wanna be a pop star. I make music cuz it is my therapy, not so I can make money or get girls (that is why I got an education and why I work out). Some people are such riders that it makes me sick, judging an artist by sales (even a little bit) is what destroys artforms. Get a clue. Just cuz you wouldn't get the instant recognition if the artist you were bumping with your windows down wasn't top 40, doesn't mean they are any less viable as an artist. Sometimes I wonder if some people have been listening to hip-hop for more than a couple years. Sometimes I think that the only reason so many of you people are all over Eminem's nuts is because that was the first time you realized a white guy could make it in "Rap." Since most of you are probably too young to remember 3rd Bass or House of Pain. (I'd rather have help from Prince Paul then Dr. Dre anyway.) So, hey quit being such sheep and get some taste. Now you can flame away, I could care less what you 16 year olds think anyway.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I just have to say the 3rd bass and house of pain contributed JACK shit to our fuccn industry, the beastie boys brought way more way earlier, but they just some nerd mufuccaz. get tha gasmask, wtf is that wack shit? and whitey ford just a faggot (omg again, he is talkin bout homosexuality again in a negative way)

eminem marketed correctly with dre, but lets face it, he outrhymes most peeps you know, he has mass content. I hated eminem for so long, I'm tired of this hate, it isn't my nature, I always love most till they prove some dumb shit...

I never hated anyone till I hated eminem... I realized He has talent, even if it is commercial. He says what he thinks, even though it probably cost him his deal with aftermath in the long run, and now everyone has a beef with his producing cuz he's on his own... tha murder inc shit dropped into play and dre probably backed out cuz suge had a gun to his head before and dre was like "I'm cool with the beefin shit, later"

OMFG, I can't believe I even posted this much meaningless shit about another eminem topic WTF

Look, if we can all talk so fuccn much about him, we must love his ass right? I don't give a fuck who thinks what about what, have your opinion, but OBVIOUSLY, you all are on his peewee if you have this much to type about one muthafucca, RIGHT?!

fucc, you people get me typin about this shit, fucc eminem goddamnit!

I am myself and will... wait, what was I talkin bout? I forgot...

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
How Do You Classify Whos The Best? Cuz Everyone Is Saying Krs (he Was Good But He Was The Most Controdicting Rapper I Ever Listened To)
Are You Taking Into Consideration:
Album Sales
Song Quality (not So Much Lyrical Content But How Well Put Together The Song Is Beat, Hook Etc.)
If They Could Chang Their Style
As In The Case Of Llcoolj Did They Change Their Style When Hip-hop Changed
Were They Still Able To Maintain Their Song Quality And Sell (rakim Didn't And Hes One Of The Nicest)

In My Opinion Ll Cool J Is One Of My Top Five Cuz Hes Been Putting Out Hip-hop Joints Longer Than Anyone Else In Hip-hop History. Everyone Of His Albums Went Platnium. Ll Has Longevity In The Game. He Was Able To Change His Style When Rap Changed And Still Was On Top. U Cant Take Nothing Away From Him

Biggie Hands Down Is My Number One (#1). Simply Cuz He Did It All And Was Nice At It. He Was Street And Comercial At The Same Time. He Made Great Songs. He Was Lyrical Had A Spectacular Flow. And Is Just The Illest.

I Like Pac But My Problem Was His Beat Selection. If Him And Dre Could Have Gotten Alon On Aftermath...wow. But His Tracks Were Mostly Wack To Me (i Guess Cuz Im Not From Cali?) Anyway In My Opinion Pac Rhymed The Same On Every Single Beat (he Draged The Last Word On Most Of His Sentences And Master P Stole That From Him).

Rakim (the God) Nuf Said

Eminem The Nicest Nigga Out Right Now Hands Down. I Dont Know Why People Dont Respect His Talent. Is It Cuz He Is White? I Dont Know But Hes Is The Illest Right Now. To Me Stan Is One Of The Geratist Rap Songs Ever Recorded. Hot Beat, Ill Concept, Tight Folw And Lyrics. What I Like Abou Em Is That He Is That He Can Make Lyrical Songs But He Makes Them Funny And That Is What Keeps People Interested. Eminem Right Now Is On Top Of Hip-hop. And Until Someone Steps Up And Takes His Title He Will Remain There.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
I'm not going to dignify most of this garbage with much of a response. Who cares if the beastie boys are nerds, I think I'd rather be a nerd than a wanna-be. Take that how ever you want. I'm also not gonna argue with people that got their carbon copy list of who the greats are. I have never once said Eminem didn't have skill, I'm just saying he's not this god that all these 16 year olds think he is. He is a dork. His humour is juvenile. And he likes to pretend that his trailer park upbringing, a doo-rag, and goose-down make him hard. If he is such a dope battle MC, why did he lose the last real battle he was in? If he is so intelligent, why does he take such immature approaches to everything? Honestly I could care less about Eminem. I am just sickened by the societal trend that he represents. But I guess that it is nothing new. The masses have been followers throughout history and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

"... they crucify him who writes new values on new tablets, they sacrifice the future to themselves, they sacrifice all man's future!" -Nietzsche

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Goldy_C said:
Yeah that may be true brruh but when Eminem comes off of that stupid shit he is nice fo real I dont know how you can deny that. I dont like him much as a person but he can come with it

The point is I never did deny that. Look at the post, it says that I never said Eminem doesn't have skill. I agree, I just don't like him much as a person or identify with his nerdy antics at all.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^^Yeah totally agree with that he needs to get off of that bullshit and do what everybody kbows he can do, I mean the dude is singin about salsa theres dudes everywhere starvin to have the chance to do what he's doin and hes jus playin with it like that

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Yea, I agree with you but I just question whether he is really capable of doing anything else. He has the ability to speak but I think he lacks the subject matter. I don't see him as intelligent enough to really tackle bigger issues. He has skillz and flows, but he lacks the ability to support those with intelligence. What he needs to do is take some time off and go read some books...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I think Biggie was rendundant! Same shit over and ober and over,,,,,,

I was never into Pac but he said what he felt and that made me respect him! As an MC,,,he was nuttin special. As a writer,,,he was tremendously gifted.

KRS is the man, and LL was one of my favs. We all gotta change with the styles to keep up with our lifestyles!

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Yeah well I think the gza is the sickest mc lol. I think hes underated but thats the way I like it. Theres more content in one gza song as in some whole albums. I love the way he makes you think with his lyrics. In my opionion liquid swords is not only the best wu album it could be one of the best of its kind.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word, a lot of people forget about GZA's skills..on his last album, and with liquid swords, he puts together some classic tracks