Who gave you the desire 2 start producing?

Y

YounG Drez

Hi

There are 2 people who gave me the desire to be a producer:

Teddy Riley

P.Diddy, actually it's more his former HitMen Crew I mean with : chucky Thompson, Ron Lawrence, Stevie J, Nashiem etc...

And what about you?

YD

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
My little bro was on a crew called P.O.Dominos (Principle of Dominos)... and they were making beats. I actually started to see if it was that hard to make a beat (it was at first)... But I guess I always had the urge to do it anyways...

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Well i had always been into music then at school when i woz 13 we had to do this out of school activities award thing, anyway i ended up helping out at the local hospital radio and from then i started to DJ i got into that and the club scene and i started producing from that ! My friends at school got me into hip hop etc through bringing in tapes and CDs and the two kind of went together to get me where i am today !

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dj shadow

I was doing some music before I heard entroducing but it definitly told me that doing music was my thing and being original doing it wasn't an horrible thing (like mainstream hiphop seems to tell me most of the time).

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
i started djing and after awhile i thought to myself makin my own music would be awesome so i went from there!!!

T

The Bastard

The Rza,i Dont Try To Make Beats Like Him Cuz I Try To Be As Original As Possible But Hes Def The Number 1 Influence

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
This old school producer that my pops was friends with named Mitch Braithewaite. He used to be big back when Sugarhill Records was.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
Lil'Jon & The East Side Boyz

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I got sick of listening to music around 1997, so I started making my own. So I was kinda anti-mainstream/underground, felt I could do better.

E

Equality 7-2521

DueceMade Ent. said:
ME.
i love music too much not to make it.

same here. it wasnt a person in particular who inspired me. just my love of Hiphop.

but after i begun i was heavily influenced by DJ shadow and rjd2 especially.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
classic said:
i dont know

I just woke up one day and said "i wonder how they make beats"
next thing u know hear i am

clas..

word .. one day i asked my bro(computer wiz) to jack me somethin that i could make beats with jus so i could fuc around and freestlye over an shit.. i didnt know of any.. he came back wit fruityloops .. and thats how i got started

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Andre Johnson

I was in school for sound engineering in '92 and I met this cool ass mutha@%&#@ in the sound labs after classes. He would make tracks using an old Tascam 4 track cassette multi-track and 1200 turntable. After hearing his beats you would swear he used a sampler, but it was done all by hand! He made me want to create tracks so bad!

XpLiCiiT

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
My Inspiration Was Dj Premier And Pete Rock As Well As Large Professor, Dr Dre , But The Most Influencial Would Have To Be My Cousin Dwel I Use To Go To His Crib And Watch Him Make Beats On His Sp1200 All Day And He Taught Me A Lot Of Things. I WAS JEEJAYING AT THE TIME AND THEN THIS IS WEIRD BUT MY SCIENCE TEACHER WAS A PRODUCER AND HE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT SOME SOFTWARE CALLED REASON TO MAKE BEATS. HE TOLD ME ONE DAY THAT HE WAS GONNA START A PRODUCERS CLUB AT MY HIGH SCHOOL SO HE DID AND I JOINED. WE PRODUCE ON REASON AND JUST RELEASES A CD FOR OUR HIGH SCHOOL. NOW I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT MUSIC SOFTWARE BUT MY MAIN TOOL IS REASON AND MY MIDI KEYBOARD. THATS HOW I GOT STARTED AND HAVENT LOOKED BACK SINCE

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The RZA no doubt...I love his dirty ass beats.

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
it was my love for hip hop mainly, but what pushed me over the edge and made me go buy my first piece of gear was the Beastie Boys anthology album. it came with like a 50 page book where they talked about the story behind each song and how it was made. finally i just said fuck it and its been on ever since. also the one song that made me wanna start skratchin was "Bitch Niggas" on The Chronic 2001 album. i don't know who it was but they were cuttin up the phrase "stop schemin and lookin hard". it was so simple but so dope.

members online