Who Heard Of Taxi?

M

MIKELABZ

I Got In The Mail A Pamphlet From 'the World's Leading Independent A&r Company" Aka Taxi... They Say They Are The Second Best Way To Get A Record Or Publishing Deal. I Guess The First Best Way Is To Know Somebody. Theres A Shitload Of Addresses To Send Demos To. Anybody Else Heard Of These Guys?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hell yeah. Taxi's been around for years. I've never dealt with them myself, but I thought I'd reply just to let you know they're very well known and they always have stuff in the back pages of some recording magazines. I remember they had quite a few articles with A&R's in those pages.

I'm sure if you search around a bit on the 'net you'll find some good stuff about them.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wouldn't if I were you...I'm subscribed myself...total waste of time. You could put that $350 or however much it is now into some hardware upgrades or sample cds. Why? First off, you have to put up $5 for every track you submit...which is crazy. Also, creating an instrumental for sed publisher with major connects isn't exactly going to drive you toward a particular sound. I think DynamicProducer is much better. There aren't as many listings...I'll admit that, but when there are listings, you actually know who you're making the beat for and it's only like $40 or something, maybe cheaper I can't remember. But you don't have to pay when you submit tracks... AND you can submit up to 10, a major plus.... Mike, what part of Philly you from? I'm from illadel myself, hit me up if you tryin to hook up for a collab or just to team up or something... Allhonesty@gmail.com ...I'll scream...

IL Lusciato

ill o.g.
Taxi sends me pamphlets every so often....its a buncha adds that they send u like every month or so and u can respond to those that interest u...they are very specific and chances are slim...u pay a whole hell of a lot for a few minor shots when u would prob do better promoting your self and calling managers and attorneys all day....1