Who Here Is Actually Selling Beats ?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
How Are You Making Money ?

Who here is making money from music services ?

<u><b>Whether it's : </b></u>

- Recording
- Producing / Beats
- Artwork
- CD Dupliation

<u><b>If so . . . : </b></u>

- What are your prices ?
- How much do you make a month ?
- Are you making a living off your music services ?

I'm curious to see what peoples repsonses are . . . Sorry if there has been a previous thread like this. I searched but didn't find one . . .

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I sell beats but I will soon be engineering at a commercial studio my homie's are setting up. As far as beats go it's 2-300 a pop sometimes more if it' a BANGER! But, it took some time for me to be able to have people be comfortable with that price. The past couple moths I haven't made that much. But, these coming months I should be pullin an a good 1000-1500 extra a month plus my job. So, I'm syked about that but that is only an estimate. It's hard work to get that type of business coming all the time and I have learned that I need to be more prepared and so I've takin some extra precations. Have a catalog of beats, have your prices right and be sure you got people (including yourself) promoting you as a producer and your music. Now, if I can start to get a real good flow of people coming I have a plan set to quit my job and do this full time (it's kind of iffy though). I need to get my ass back in school and I would love for my music to be what's paying the bills while I'm in the books. Tax free is the way to be!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Productiion/Beats

Prices - Depends on the client. Leases $300-$3000. Must i've ever gotten for a lease was $5,000 (was Jingle work) I dont deal with Many exclusives i like to keep my rights.

Monthly Income - $3,000-$6,000 (not to consistent jumps between the 2 Figures)

Living off Music - yea basically, i also do freelance sounding designing for a few sounds companies online.. but i wouldnt put what i make off that into my regular monthly because that isnt consistent either.. i get what i can

Side Income

Investing - I do alot of online investing, make nice amount of money doing it (easy shit). But who knows how long thats gonna last i just take it for what its worth and toss it in the bank.

Personal Franchising - Mainly use this to get everything i need, Clothing, household shit, ya know common things you by from stores i get from the Main Source cheap :) and since its its a Business i take avantage of the tax breaks and percs.

I always keep my Options open​

Cwik

ill o.g.
Nnxt said:

Investing - I do alot of online investing, make nice amount of money doing it (easy shit). But who knows how long thats gonna last i just take it for what its worth and toss it in the bank.

Personal Franchising - Mainly use this to get everything i need, Clothing, household shit, ya know common things you by from stores i get from the Main Source cheap :) and since its its a Business i take avantage of the tax breaks and percs.

I always keep my Options open​

Online investing....where for example? What Sites?

Personal Franchising.....Sorry I'm not to sure what that is? Would be grateful if you could explain.

Peace Cwik.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
Been selling beats mainly some engineering did some engineering on the tego album "tracking and mixing wise also track the put your lighters up remix with him and lil kim. also recorded and mixed 1 song off the vico-c lating grammy nominated album this year

tony touch we did a scratch you scratch me favor and he hooked us up for free for al cameo on a pitbull track we produced for emi..

but money wise magic massey of src universal we sold 1 track 2 for 6gs and we got a couple going his way aswell...

tego calderion we sold 6 tracks at 5gs a piece... and got the lead single and video for a song we produced called "chillin"

chino nino the 1st artist on tego's label we sold 3 tracks to him same price.. 2 vidoe we got coming out with him. "tho this monday we gonna have 2 go back 2 the studio 2 freak a sample that didnt get cleared." ohh well more publising for our team.. the song were redoing is called "llego chinin" and another we got coming out on a compilation is called "animal"

we also about 2 get a production budget for atlantic new artyist crystal 16 year ol bombshell. we got such a crazy single for her its 2 raw...

and we gota alot more shit coming thatg aint 100 percent yet so i wont say.

but thats wat were doing as of now. gotta bigger and hotter shit about 2 sizzle in the 2006

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
well im not selling beats right not just got me a t-shirt press and make some good money with it
but im still making money off studio time
really i been giving beats away to hot artist who like the beats but never use them
so right now im cleaning my computer out
me and photoshop is falling in love with the t-shirt thang

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
just building my catalogue up at the mo ready to get selling ! im in uni most of the week doing sound engineering so yea in a few years hopefuly i'll be earning a nice amount off people who want pro tools engineers ! i also fit car audio equipment for a big company here on the weekends and evenings and also have my own hustle on the side doing car audio and also car body repair/modification etc ! theres good money in that for me to do on the side coz i no overheards and people will pay good money to get that type of work done !

members online