Who here still reads the source

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
JUst asking myself. with all the contreversy there was with benzino and em. do you guys stil read it or has everyone converted to xxl?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I'm with Classic, the source went downhill years ago. These days I just read Grandslam Magazine and occasionally I'll read Elemental when I'm at the magazine store.

Attachments

• cover2_1.jpg
    cover2_1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 147
T

The Bastard

true that, i bought the last source cuz it had an odb tribute. but i never bought it be4 that even when benzino didnt own it. and if i did i doubt id convert to xxl cuz a clown said i should. scratch is the only hip hop mag i read seems to be the realest

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i read don diva, undercover, scratch and hip hop connection (although HHC is turnin like the source these days)

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
The Source has no credibility in my eyes its way too biased. I stopped reading it years ago.

I currently read Rime, Murder Dog and occasionally Scratch.

Ctrl

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just don't read any HipHop magazines, I have difficulty finding anything other than the Source so I don't buy anything - I would if I found a magazine which covered stuff other than was in the charts and with consistently interesting articles - but for now it's the internet.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I stopped copping The Source in '99. The magazine used to be dope and had articles on many topics outside of hip hop but written in the hip hop perspective.

When Benzino first took over I thought nothing of it. Then I started noticing that mics where handed out based on who was advertising in the mag. The last straw was when the first Made Men album got 4 and a half mics.

Then Benzino went on a crusade for Eminem. The integrity of the magazine has been beyond compromised. When I see it on the shelf, I actually cringe in anger.

I wanted to buy every single back issue and frame 'em on my wall.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I'm A Xxl Man, Myself... And I Refuse To Read Scratch.... Exspecially After Seeing That Title They Gave Lil Jon And Put Him On The Cover... Garabaga! I Chk The Source Out Depending On The Cover.... But Yall Should Chk Out Donnie Carson... King Of N.y. Mixtape... Cuz Ur Helping Me Out If U Do....

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
philsiarri said:
I read the Source from time to time...
Same here if it comes in the mail or I see at a friends house I'mma take a glance at it.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
I hadn't bought a Source mag in like 2 years until the other day when i walked by the magazine section and saw the Roc situation on the cover, i had to get it cause I was just too damn curious. It was an informing article but the magazine is garbage all around.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
im not a fan of the source... they give benzino the credibility he doesnt even deserve, its fucked up.

i usually get XXL, but mainly SCRATCH!

sAfE.