Who here works for Native Instruments?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I know someone does but I forgot who.

Can you ask them why the hell they think it is a good idea to require software activation form something that NEEDS hardware to even run

I am talking about Maschine of course, software activation is a joke. You cant use it without having the controller. It is just a pain in the butt.

Rant off....

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
wrong lol, it doesn't need the hardware to run, you can open it and use it without the hardware...though you can't buy it without it lol.

People can still pirate the software, which is probably why they require it to be activated

Somebody here works for NI? I need a job over there lol.

ansiaaa

ill o.g.
I don't really see what your problem is with the activation... a pain in the butt? how is it so? It's one of the most idiot-proof and fast activation processes I've seen.
it even let you install the software on multiple computers.

anyway if you want to know WHY, the reasons are not only limited to software piracy itself, but the registration and the activation are needed to let you download the specific updates and some free stuff.
for example, with the last update they also included some sweet free samples: the drums were taken directly from the Abbey Road pack.

depending on what you purchased they give you different stuff.

So what if they can use the software with out it, they cant really use it.
They should let people have that software for a taste so people buy maschine. Great marketing.

sorry but I disagree again lol
first you say that one can't really use/enjoy the software without the controller, and then you say it would be great marketing if they let people try the software alone?
To me that would be the worst move they could do. if someone tried the maschine without the controller he would get the wrongest idea about the product, since its power is how you use the software via the controller.
the controller is not a mere plus, it's the most important thing in maschine as a whole!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
"a pain in the butt? how is it so?"

I bought maschine from someone else and they wont let us transfer the license. So to actived it I had to log in to his NI account. But I am a legal owner of komplete and to activate that I have to log in to my NI account. It is a huge pain in the butt. All software activation does is hurt the LEGAL user. If I was a pirate I would have no trouble with any of this and I would just crack it.

"To me that would be the worst move they could do. if someone tried the maschine without the controller he would get the wrongest idea about the product, since its power is how you use the software via the controller.
the controller is not a mere plus, it's the most important thing in maschine as a whole!"

Yea wet peoples appetite, require an email to download. Make it clear with videos etc how amazing the hardware controller is. I dont think anyone would get the wrong idea. But you have there email so send them a few marketing emails. This method has been proven effective time and time again. Because once you get a taste of maschine you wont go back and it is really not that expensive.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
in case your maschine is not nfr, you can contact the support and re-register it. in case it is, well that's bad luck, but i guess you got it at a good price then.

ansiaaa

ill o.g.
I bought maschine from someone else and they wont let us transfer the license. So to actived it I had to log in to his NI account. But I am a legal owner of komplete and to activate that I have to log in to my NI account. It is a huge pain in the butt. All software activation does is hurt the LEGAL user. If I was a pirate I would have no trouble with any of this and I would just crack it.

ouch, I didn't even think about a scenario like that...

EDIT:

in case your maschine is not nfr, you can contact the support and re-register it. in case it is, well that's bad luck, but i guess you got it at a good price then.

oh well... I guess I don't see the problem then

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
"a pain in the butt? how is it so?"

Just curious, why wont NI let you transfer the license?

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I'm afraid I can't, I couldn't if it was mine, it's company policy. the person you got it from supposably got it for free or at least at a very good price, but it's not for resale (hence no registration transfer) and it's not upgradable (only eligible for updates), that's the trade-off.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I'm afraid I can't, I couldn't if it was mine, it's company policy. the person you got it from supposably got it for free or at least at a very good price, but it's not for resale (hence no registration transfer) and it's not upgradable (only eligible for updates), that's the trade-off.

So people who purchased Maschine at regular price from a certified vendor ARE ALLOWED to trasfer registration?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Well this sucks but it is good to know so thanks for posting this.

I am close to getting one for myself and I was trying to buy it on the cheap so I was going to buy it off someone else but I guess I need to just pop for the brand newness.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Thats what I am doing now, but we live in different states. What if he changes his password? Or email and I can no longer get ahold of him?

Then your fucked....

BTW this whole getting a new pc thing is still a living fucking nightmare, I'll pm you about it.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Ok two things first your software activation is WAAAAYYY better than other companies. So good job, also Maschine is an AMAZING product you guys NAILED IT! Again ROCK ON, devil horns! Great price also!

But this product should really not have activation, in this instance you are punishing legal users, the pirates have cracked your stuff a long time ago so they can use Maschine for ever and get all the updates. But what if someone buys an edu version? They have to buy new hardware just to upgrade? No good.