Who Is A Hip Hop Pioneer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Fade said:
Yo this whole thread is fuckin stupid. Mike, you seem to be starting arguments in every single thread you're in. Please stop it.

I'll let the rest of you finish of your replies and then I'm closing this because it's useless and is doing nothing but starting fights.

You tell em' Hockey Head!!! lol

Yo Mike, whats up man,,,ya seem so uptight lately?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Let me break down a pioneer......a pioneer generally is not the first to develop a concept, yet they are the first to generally break ground on a concept and then have that change catch on into something completely new, with that said most of the names mentioned were close to being Pioneers....here's my list of who I consider pioneers

James Brown (think about it...this guy must be the key to all things funky...I mean you had people back in his day imitating his style and to this very day, people still sample James Brown)
Cold Krush Brothers
Sugar Hill Gang
Grandmaster Flash
Marley Marl
Malcolm Mclaren(Buffalo Girls Go around the outside) this record by far was not the first in it's concept but it went over big (1982) well before Run DMC, bringing the sound of scratching an turntablism to the forefront because of the airplay the record got outside of the NY area....
Run DMC
WU Tang Klan (The most successful Hip Hop crew Period, probably the most know worldwide name maybe besides Run DMC associated with hip hop, but they were able to bring a totally new sound at that time to hip hop....runner up is Tribe Called Quest)
Pete Rock(understudy to Marley but still able to etch out legendary status as far as Hip Hop is concerned)
Stevie Wonder, Prince, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were Pioneers too, you may not think Hip Hop but these guys exploited MIDI music production and sampling, and probably their concepts led to the development of a lot of the Gear and Software we utilize....I remember Jam and Lewis discussing how they used the MPC-60 to do all of the drum Sequencing on the first Janet Jackson Album....but Stevie Wonder produced almost entire albums based upon the single producer concept.....these facts can't be ignored either.

Oh how can we forget Roger Linn????????????
here is a nice interview with the guy giving birth to the MPC
http://www.sonicstate.com/articles/article.cfm?id=71&page=1

anyhow I know that some names may have been skipped or missed, but that's what i can think of right now.

Oh you can quote me on this because they are all my words and thoughts....LOL

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I think you're an old man hehehe.

Herbie Hancock, major pioneer. But I actually consider the whole blaxploitation era as being one the greatest hiphop influences, it's where we ripped all the great breaks fom, the basslines and tunes. Beginning of the eighties gave us samplers so we could sample that shit, the rest we know.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Wow. I've never seen someone play themself out as badly as this thread's originator has. I've seen WeatherChannel episodes with more meaning than this... this is about as useful as a thread about... mathematically squared divisible beats with a radius of yamp divided by pi.

Get a new hobby.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I won't even waste my time with text. All I'll say is, sorry Mikey, I HONESTLY feel bad for you. I'm 20 also... although I guess we show it differently, right?

Attachments

• mikes_friends.jpg
    mikes_friends.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 143
  • poor_mike.jpg
    poor_mike.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 124
M

MIKELABZ

Dantson said:
Wow. I've never seen someone play themself out as badly as this thread's originator has. I've seen WeatherChannel episodes with more meaning than this... this is about as useful as a thread about... mathematically squared divisible beats with a radius of yamp divided by pi.

Get a new hobby.

THE FUCK DOES THE WEATHER CHANNEL HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING YA NERD. I LIKE HOW U SAY THE THREAD DOESNT MAKE SENSE, BUT THEN U DONT ADD ANY FACTS, U DONT ADD ANY NAMES, U JUST ADD HATE. THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.

AS FOR DIVISIBLE BEATS, U NEED TO GROW UP. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT HIP HOP IS PRODUCED ON A 2/4 RYTHMIC SCALE. SO A BEAT THAT IS DIVISIBLE BY 2 ALL THE WAY THROUGH, WOULD ESSENTIALLY BE A PERFECT HIP HOP TRACK. I'LL LEAVE U TO THINK ABOUT THAT CAUSE IT PROLLY WENT OVER UR HEAD THE FIRST TIM I POSTED THAT THREAD.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND U IS THAT WHEN U WAS 14 U WERE STILL POPPING PIMPLES IN YOUR LOCKER MIRROR WORRIED ABOUT THE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM FLUSHING UR GRILL DOWN THE TOILET AND I WAS BURNING CD'S ON A ONE SPEED CD BURNER, MAKING POSTERS, TEE SHIRTS, AND DOING TALENT SHOWS.

CHECK URSELF.

PS- YO FADE, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED, SEE HOW FOOLS JUST COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK HATING?

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
MIKELABZ said:
PS- YO FADE, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED, SEE HOW FOOLS JUST COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK HATING?

Mike,

It seems clear to me that you are the hater. You always turn situations into the negative. Grow up man and stop starting shit in EVERY thread.

Ctrl

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
HAHAHAHA THE KiNG oF THE RETARDS.

i THoUGHT FADE CLoSED THiS THREAD.

RELEASE;

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
hey had cd burners when you were 14 ... damn.... i dont think cd's were out yet when i was 14... but yo labz you dissin everyone for not debating correctly or whatever... how come you aint ever acknowledge my shit... i said you need to apologize for comin disrespectful on a rest in peace thread for ol dirty.... i think you should go head and do that or else ima have to ban you from the site completely....

thanks

ps.. "HUMPTY HUMP WAS A WILD RAPPER B4 ODB."

come on yo.. jesus christ

Status
Not open for further replies.