Who is a minimalist?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Lots of people think of a minimalist as someone living in a small room with just a mattress on the floor and a few personal items, but it's more than just that. I look at it as living in a way where you don't crave "things" and just lead a simple life without lots of "stuff". It also means just enjoying yourself without worrying about these "things" and "stuff".

For producing, of course it's hard because a lot of us have tons of equipment, records, cables, etc.

I guess I just want to see who on here is leading a simpler life in both your personal life and your music. Anyone?

A great quote I heard once was:
“We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.”

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I am at least I am getting there. Selling off gear like crazy and rapidly trying to get rid of most of my possessions. I even sold off maschine as I live in reason anyway. Man it's such a great place, you find your focus on creativity vs craving what you don't have, or chasing torrents for the next thing you won't learn anyway. You get very in tune with your daw and can get ideas down. Great way to live!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's a good point. There was a time when I had to get the latest version of a plug-in or whatever but I couldn't care less now.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I have tons of shit and I want more all the time. I try to curb it, but it's like a disease. oh well!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
while i was hardware for 6 years of beat making. mpc1k and motif rack. I actually have more ways to make a beat now since Im all software. Like the overkill thread i started, never had that issue while on hardware. I used to make the beat then record it in $99 cubase se, done...

members online