who is the greatest rapper alive?

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Eminem is the best. His rhyme skills are cleaner than anybody out there by far.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
EL-P!!! all the way, and immortal technique that boys flow is fire...and the lyrics well need i say more..."touch a bitch and make her give birth to a dead child" or summut like that....

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i agree too eminem is a hot rapper been done wit him since the first lp...i like is style its different

E

Equality 7-2521

jwalk you got somehting about geeks from the street? geeks from the street are phat.

anyway im going with Aesop, Labtekwon, I Self or Gift Of Gab

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Hmmmm...Well, this is almost a cliche question but...I think that as far as tha underground right now - maybe "louie logic", Aesops def been on my top list for a while too tho...I dunno?? this ones too damb hard!

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Right now, i'd say I got 2 favorites. I couldn't possibly begin to pick between the two of them. Eminem and Nas.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
N A S means niggaz against society!! If you don't like Nas you got a problem!!

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
I think to pick a favorite of anything is to show no appreciation for the many facets of an artform. There are many different MCs that are dope in many different ways, whether it be flow, word usage, topic, punchlines, etc. (and come on Eminem, he's like the Howard Stern of Rap). If I were gonna name some of my favorites that are alive, I'd have to say the God himself Rakim, the teacher KRS, MF Doom, Aesop Rock, Copywrite, Ikon the Hologram, Eric & Parish, Tame One, The Grouch, and lots and lots of others... The point is that narrowing your vision into picking a favorite shows that you have no appreciation for variations in different types of skills.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Yeah its just that Im too young to really have felt what some of those people were sayin when they were sayin it you know? When somethin comes out new it has a new sound to it and you really feel what they are sayin because its relvant and new at the time, but like for me someone can tell me Rakim is dope and I can hear that hes skilled but I wont get the same feel for the tracks he made because theyre so old does that make sense?

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Goldy_C said:
Yeah its just that Im too young to really have felt what some of those people were sayin when they were sayin it you know? When somethin comes out new it has a new sound to it and you really feel what they are sayin because its relvant and new at the time, but like for me someone can tell me Rakim is dope and I can hear that hes skilled but I wont get the same feel for the tracks he made because theyre so old does that make sense?

Yea, I feel ya, but sometimes it is also a matter of mass mentality. You have to check what is going on behind the scenes. For instance check "The 18th Letter," Rakim put that out in 1997, not too old and I think it is dope. If you make it up to Austin sometime, I'll let you have a listen, if you can't snag it somewhere. A lot of those cats I named are new, just underground, which I usually feel a lot more. I feel that too many people now days do it for the love of money and not for the love of music. Art should be made for the love of art and not for its commercial potential. It shouldn't be thought of as just a commodity. That is where rap lost it for me. I used to listen to lots of mainstream rap back in the day, before cats were makin a lot of money off of it and if they blew up it was because they were good. Now with corporations running the scene it is just business. I think the culture and art itself has been kept more alive in the underground, by cats who just do it because of their love for the music. And some of those cats surface as well, check Eminem (everyone's favorite example) for instance, I doubt he was ever intending to get rich. I'm just saying that people need to pay more attnetion to the nuances of the art, rather than just the surrounding hype. I think people that truly love the music will take the time and effort to become connoisseurs of the elements, rather than just see it for its face value.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Chuck D , Rakim or KRS ... they're not very active these days but really I couldn't care less about Eminem (not that he's whack but how you wanna compare someone who raps about raping his mom and dissing Aguillera to true social activists like Chuck or KRS ?) It's not because u see him on TV 24/7 that he's the best...

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
philsiarri said:
how you wanna compare someone who raps about raping his mom and dissing Aguillera to true social activists like Chuck or KRS ?) It's not because u see him on TV 24/7 that he's the best...

I hope I'm reading this wrong and I hope you're not refering to me, cuz then you missed the whole point of my posts. I would never even dare put Eminem in the same category as those two. And I hope you are not implying by that last sentence that he is the best, to each his own, but I guess really I'm just confused by your whole post.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
philsiarri said:
unOwn: Eminem is very average, content-wise and flow-wise THAT's MY POINT ! happy ? ahahaha

Yea, very happy, I was sure I misunderstood you and I agree with you completly. "The great white hype" when there are white boys out there that are way better in my opinion. He is just a marketing gimmick.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
The Best Rapper Alive

YO You guys are idots.. its obvious who is the best rapper alive ....cmon guys lets be real

Attachments

• image515955x.jpg
    image515955x.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 117