who paints the illest picture

T

The Bastard

what rapper makes u feel like yur standin right next to him feelin whut hes goin thru just by the way he raps and whut he says. i gotta go wit cormega . the beats he spits over and the shit he says seems more like a movie than music.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Rick the Ruler BIG, Big Pun or Big L, on a UK tip I can relate to Lowkey...

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Slug.

"Woke up, got up, near 11 o'clock, butt naked except, I was wearing my socks - that's cool cause most the time this floor gets cold, stand up and stretch, and look for my soul"

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cunninlynguists, Aesop, MF Doom..[I'm not saying I can relate to them, just that they conjure up some memorable and inventive imagery]

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
NAS......hands down. example: Pussy Killz off the GOD'S SON album, disc two. I felt like i was right there when he his boy started blasting. :shoot:

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
Slug.

"Woke up, got up, near 11 o'clock, butt naked except, I was wearing my socks - that's cool cause most the time this floor gets cold, stand up and stretch, and look for my soul"

I gotta agree actually...I was just listening to Deep Puddle Dynamics - June26, 1998. Really down to earth stuff but sort of surreal.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
man slick ricks childrens story i felt i was right their runnin wit old dude

Andre 3000's S*** on ATLiens and Aquemini always gets me. (The Art Of Storytellin is the best)

Blueprint's work always has me in deep (That Soul Position Album is full of nice imagery)

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
For me it would probably be DMX's earlier shit, Scarface, Nas, Biggie, Styles

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Devin the Dude

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Nas, MF Doom, and Ghostface.

-Roy

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
PHAROAHE MONCH,

if yall never heard the mayor track off the soundboming2 album you need to listen to it

sick,sick,sick

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Thats easy. NAS. Whats the track where he comes home to find his girl upstairs cheatin on him. Then he calls his boy over for back up, then the shoot out with the cops. Finally, him and ol girl go out together as he slips an engagement ring on her finger. C'mon now thats bout as much drama as a Denzell movie. And NAS got several joints like that.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Ok, I narrowed it down. It has to be Nas, because of "Rewind", the one where he raps a whole story from end to begining. It was the first time I had heard a story told in vivid detail, BACKWARDS!!!
That shit blew my mind, I had never heard anyone do that before.

-Roy

C

Carpe Diem

Royal said:
Ok, I narrowed it down. It has to be Nas, because of "Rewind", the one where he raps a whole story from end to begining. It was the first time I had heard a story told in vivid detail, BACKWARDS!!!
That shit blew my mind, I had never heard anyone do that before.

-Roy

yeah that track is nuts...such a crazy concept, and nas really pulled it off...pity the beat wasnt too good...otherwise that shit woulda been a classic, no doubt...

members online