Who uses MixCraft or Fruity Loops?

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
When I do sample flips i try to replace the original drums of the sample with my own so what i do is locate the kick and snare and lay my own over but sometimes theres a 2 or 3 hit snare in the beat that dont sound right when you replace it and if you chop the beat after the third snare hit it dont sound right so for example if you listen to listen to the drum and snare part i added its delayed bcs of a three hit snare i tried to find a break similiar or recreate one similiar but im having an issue trying to figure it out any suggestions?

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
trying to place drum fonts over original however cant cotrol the tempo of each note that i place over the original bcs it changes the entire tempo

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
trying to place drum fonts over original however cant cotrol the tempo of each note that i place over the original bcs it changes the entire tempo

Well this is where having rhythm comes into play. You either can play live with it or not. Sadly you can't rely on standard quantization here. Another thing you can do is side the original up and control the playback timing. The more slices you have the better control you'll have over the sample's timing

Be careful when using drums that are different than the original drums of the sample. You either match drums to the sample or match the sample to the new found drums or the mesh doesn't sound authentic

when doing this in reason I will use triplets or flam to get the snare rolls.
The thing with using samples that were played live is timing. Sometimes it can be really hard to match properly, not impossible just much more time consuming getting it right. Tapping the drums live can be hard also, selecting each snare and shifting it in small increments is so much easier and more accurate.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Christ, if its just the loop then align on the transcients and adjust by earon accents and timing. Works the same for every daw.

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
I finally fixed the problem , i dont know if you guys know this but i found a lil trick to help me with my 3hit snare combo that i was trying to get rid of in order to lay my own snare tone over I had to stretch the single sound font with snap off instead of 1/8 then the second sound font cover the other 2 snare hits so now you cant hear the original drums in the background. take a look if you heard the first one it sounded like an echo of snares not it only has two hit snare it you two sound like 3 hit snare

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
for me its a trick bcs there is'nt anything in a tutorial that says to stretch the font over the original it does says you can replace original files tho but it had me stuck for two days tryin to figure it out

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea, Frankie... If you use samples, quantize is not your friend. Chop it right, then use ya rhythm

members online