Who wrote Joe Budden - Pump It Up

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
does anyone know the answer to this fa sho?? i heard lloyd banks wrote it. and i also heard that cassidy had a line sayin..."if it wasnt for lloyd banks that song neva woulda been pumped up"

any help???

qenetic|storm

ill o.g.
J-malice said:
does anyone know the answer to this fa sho?? i heard lloyd banks wrote it. and i also heard that cassidy had a line sayin..."if it wasnt for lloyd banks that song neva woulda been pumped up"

any help???
i wanna know to....the industry is full of writing pools and ghostwriters...
has anyone heard gigolo... by nick cannon.... sounds like fabolous wrote some of that...

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as much beef g unit and joe buddens has by now it would of been came out of GAMES big ass mouth if loyd wrote that song...and what did loyd write what the hook........wow that was a hard one and the verse dont even sound like anything loyd would say anyways......O yea ask cassidy who wrote his album cause who ever did should retire!

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ooooo..... ouch! U hurt my feelings, Keys..

lol
I'm not responsible for Cassidy's lyrics.
ayo, I like that nikka though. He's preety damn nice wit it. I haven't heard his album yet, but I thought he would come lyrically fit but Keys is saying that his lyrics were bad.

Shoot, I might treat myself to a gift and cop that album today.
I know Cassidy wouldn't come on no B.S. now...

P

pReMise

"pump it up" was hott but i really dont care who wrote it....peace>prem

ill o.g.
DO YOU REALLY THINK DEF JAM WOULDVE SIGNED JOE BUDDEN SO THEY COULD GET SOMEONE TO WRITE HIS TRACKS FOR HIM?!?!

Also. About Banks writin the hook. What hook? The part where he says: Pump, Pum-Pump It Up/?
That dont sound like much of something you need to give credit for.

I dont know if i got the story right, but i think this dumb.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Joe buddens wrote pump it up...But is new song tear it up or light it up or something close to it somebody in his camp wrote for him

Synopsis

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Don't yall know nothin about ghostwriters and writing pools? A lot of the shit out there today is written by other people. Not sayin this is the case with this song, but you never know. Either way its a waste of time to wonder about it, knowing isn't gonna do anything for you.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
But the lyrics of that song are really hype! And the beat?!

I love when something out of the ordinary gets some props! I think it's the dopest 6/8 beat!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Phoenix5891 said:
What are ya'll talking about?Joe writes his owns rhymes
joe did write his own rhymes but with the recent flop of his album is managment (Webb and Nitty of On top Productions) Brought in someone to help him try to make hits

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Going on what inrctyhoodmusic said:

1. Isn't it crazy that Def Jam is officially calling the poor results of the album a problem with the changing of Joe Buddens' name to "Joe Budden" for the debut, rather than "Joe Buddens," which is the way he was always known? I think that's ludicrous.

2. Furthering what you said inrctyhoodmusic, Joe Buddens was poised for the new upstart that Def Jam wanted to bring around 2000, which was a second-in label controlled by the parent called "Spit Records." Spit Records folded, partly because of the US economic downturn, and partly because of an overestimation of bringing in underground hip-hop type music into a mainstream that might not have been ready, that's why that arm of Def Jam folded, and afterwards made more successful deals in the creation of Def Jam South, and Def Jam Germany, etc.

He is talented. Looks like he might have to start making love-songs to sell more, unfortunately. He was set up to be a poster-boy for Spit Records. After that folded, though, Def Jam was left with somebody that didn't necessarily fit into their strategy at the time. But he is a talent.

Sincerely,
God

members online