Who's tha Man witha Masta Plan - - <--

T

The Bastard

Chrono said:
simple enough.... not who. but what experience or mixtape or artist lead you into this?
A N***A WITH A MUTHAFUCKIN GUN. I DONT GET THIS QUESTION THO, R U ASKIN WHO INFLUENCED US TO MAKE BEATS?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
for me it wasn't an specific artist but more from mixtapes which were my only link to america while living in japan with a friend when i was 15. i could see other people having influences such as an experience or even a specific artist. I expected to read real interesting stories of how people got into hiphop in general. For many i guess they were born into it from brothers and friends from like 5 and up. but as for me i have an interesting story for how i got into this.

T

The Bastard

I Remember When Mixtapes Were 60 Min Maxell Tapes Wit Songs Taped Off The Radio On Them, Shit Was Real

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
BASTARD said:
I Remember When Mixtapes Were 60 Min Maxell Tapes Wit Songs Taped Off The Radio On Them, Shit Was Real

word, i remember that too,,,,

,,sometimes i would hit up a shorty in school wit one of those,,lol

i was like(crossed colored out, starter cap, wit some round lensed glasses)"Yo girl, I made dish for you Honey Dip,,,it gots Jodeci and some Babyfashe!"

Sinister

ill o.g.
I guess for me its hard to identify, I got way into underground hiphop after checkin Hieroglyphics and Dilated Peoples, they really got me into rap in general. After awhile though, I think a lot of people know what i'm talkin about, you just feel like getting involved somehow. So i just tried my hand at the elements of hiphop. Graffiti - good at the art thing but there weren't any tight cats spraying near me. B-boying - learned a few techniques but decided if i wanted to do something physical i should stick with martial arts and weight lifting. DJing - This one got me into producing. I was aight at spinning, but it got me real in touch with the beats. I decided I wanted a more active role in hiphop, and my DJ shit wasn't getting better fast enough, so I tried beatmaking, and it just immediately clicked. I realized after the fact that so much in my life has combined in just the right way to make me potentially a really good beatmaker, so I just ran with it. Oh ya, I've never even touched a mic cuz i'm scared of what i might hear out the other end. I have been writing tho, its a great stress reliever.

members online