Whos Ur Favorite??

D

Dalvyn

Whos ur favorite artist or type of music to sample ??
my i dont have a favorite person but i really like old rock like from da 70s and i love acoutsic guitar stuff and classical for da violins and pianos are sick

ONE

R

rah.soul

harold melvin & the blue notes
lamont dozier
stan getz
booker T
random rare ass gypsy records
minnie riperton, soundtracks for various films

etc..

C

Carpe Diem

Personally I now think its best to just sample from random artists...

Dont go and look for blah blah because blah blah said theyre good, or blah blah has sampled them before...

Its all bout originality, find your own fave artists, but keep them on a low...

But as for styles, i go for Jazz, Funk, Blues, Soul, Classical, Motown, Country etc....

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
samples just kind of fnd themselves in my beats. basically ill try and sample whatever i can get my hands on at the time. but if im lookin, itend to go for strings and piano type samples. really just whatever i think i can work with to sound good.

ill o.g.
i been gettin into alot of old movie scores from horror to war to sci fi flicks i feel like that is a place for samplin that has so much potential and has barely been tapped into yet, that and japanese instrumental music like meditation music and kung fu flicks u'll find some bomb shit. Whatever looks rare and like somthin no ones ever used catches my eye wen i'm diggin

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
im originally from armenia...back then it was part of the soviet...so i sample from my roots...i go 2 little (armenian)moms and pops stores in cali and buy like tons of old ass cd's from waaay back in the day...they cost like 1.99 each....but they got some other shit that no ones ever heard... plus i dont have to worry about copyrights and what not, cuz there arent a lot of us in this world so we all kinda know each other someway or another...from little label ceo's to the artists grandchildren or wateva....lately tho ive been tryin not 2 sample so much...chek out tha beats....peace

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/maestroformadmanentertainmentmusic.htm
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/maestroformadmanentertainmentmusic.htm

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have found that with today recordings there are a lot of good ....no great drum live drum sound on rock cd's. I get a lot good sounds from them. The greatest sound i have is the drummer crack the sticks together to count off the band before starting. That sound to me is priceless cause i know alo yall dont have it! I know some will now!

ounce

ill o.g.
Nowadays i sample classical music the most. U can find nice strings n pianos from them. Also some ethnic songs are nice cause of their percussions. Indian etc music is great for "stoned sounding" beats. Makes me remember Temples of Boom.

I think i should start to concentrate more on funk n soul. When i´ve tried them, they´ve worked nicely.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Im not much of a sampler but when I listen to records and CDs to attempt to sample I noticed that Portishead got some ill ass shyt to sample...if u into makin dark hard beats then Portis head got the perfect shyt

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Disney records are cool. but (like many other poeple in on this forum) I dont like to stick to one artist or type of music. Too much of anything is bad for you.