Why are 12" singles important

probably not, but who knows maybe google can help. and get decent shure scratch needles, they will make a lot of difference, especially to a heavy handed noob, it takes a while to get very light handed on the vinyl, with care to not make the record skip. certain scratches require pressure on the vinyl but you need to hone the technique to avoid making the record jump. the main reason for practice is to get the timing very tight, scracthing is one thing, doing it in time is another thing. beat mixing is the same, timing is crucial.

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
Cool, I currently use a Shure M44-7 audiophile cartridge for sampling purposes, should I be using a different model for scratching? I can't really afford the Shure White Labels, but I'll save up for 'em if that's what I need, the M44Gs appear to be designed for Scratching & Mixing too...

Cool, I currently use a Shure M44-7 audiophile cartridge for sampling purposes, should I be using a different model for scratching? I can't really afford the Shure White Labels, but I'll save up for 'em if that's what I need, the M44Gs appear to be designed for Scratching & Mixing too...
the m44-7's are fine, that is what i use. good tracking with minimum wear on the vinyl, and even a noob can scratch without too much jumping/skipping grooves. did you set up the angle in relation to the tone arm as described on the instructions that came with the cartridges?

members online