Why Did You Join Illmuzik?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I joined because I wanted to be part of a community as I'm from a place that seems/feels sparse to me offline as I'm from a city not synonymous w/the music business.

Also if you didn't intro yourself in Introductions please make that your first thread when you join Illmuzik, as it'll separate the lurkers from the actives.

just joined today as a way to connect with other producers and share resources. if i were to post an isolated vocal for others to remix, which board should I put it in?

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
Because I started rapping on forums and not in real life lol, now I make music on a semi professional level (if you call it that ‍♂️) and achieved some big things I never thought I did and I have always missed being on a forum, this was the first one I came across on a Google/reddit search.. Turns out I'm the only rapper as its for producers, but it's fun here.

Plus, I want to network!

Because I started rapping on forums and not in real life lol, now I make music on a semi professional level (if you call it that ‍♂) and achieved some big things I never thought I did and I have always missed being on a forum, this was the first one I came across on a Google/reddit search.. Turns out I'm the only rapper as its for producers, but it's fun here.

Plus, I want to network!
We used to have a few rappers here back in the "good ol' days".
Used to make for some great collabs.
Welcome.

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
Why not get these rappers back, there is no places I can post my music so it turns rappers away.. Im cool to not post my music, I'm enjoying checking out what's going on here.

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
I've always been humble to the science of production. Wanted to learn as much as I possibly could throughout a network of like-minded individuals that genuinely love the music they create.

Been a journey globally and the ideas, chops, competitions and all of the other opportunities available have definitely molded me to where I am today.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I want to step my game up and learn from more experienced beatmakers. Also, life being what it is I do not easily find time to dedicate to that. Having deadlines and competition is a good drive in that respect.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Not long after I first started making beats I searched to find a community of beat making enthusiasts on GOOGLE and came across this site. The name "IllMuzik" stood out to me at first and got me interested. Then when I started digging around, I liked the community-centered approach of the website. The battles are fun (although I know I still need to polish off some of my techniques to do better in them). The site definitely makes me approach beat making differently as sometimes I feel like I am in a vacuum and just need some feedback on what I need to do to improve or new ideas I may not have considered before. This site helps provide some of that feedback. Making beats for me at this point is a hobby even though I have been doing it off and on since 2014. My main job is in technology, particularly website/application/software development so I make beats in my spare time. The beat making craft grows on me daily and I hope to continue to grow in it and get better. I find the illMuzik articles to be very helpful, informative and educational as well so keep doing what you do. One area where I think could help the site grow is to continue to investigate "gamification". I know we earn points for certain milestones and activities but what if somehow we could "spend" some of those accumulated points on IllMuzik swag or other items? This could possibly attract more people, return visits, "stickyness" and reinvigorate the site. It's not so far fetched given the right vision. Some might disagree with me and want to keep everything the same but I know running a website there is so much competition, seems unlimited and if you don't continue to reinvent yourself (while maintaining core activities), you leave the door open for someone else to do it and reap the rewards.

members online