Why do you guys do this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
To make a living performing, making, and teaching music. To make an influence on our culture and society for better priorities and morals, and to travel the world. In a nutshell.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm at peace with myself when I'm making music, so where ever it takes me i'm cool with it. If I so happen gain major notoriety from this it'll be a great blessing. I still continue to grind no matter what tho.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This goes way back for me. Started with rapping - yes, me. Then DJ'ing, then making beats. Was going to make music with a friend of mine but he didn't have the heart for it. I ended up focusing on what I do best and that's helping others, so here I am. I still make beats for fun/passion but if I had to choose what I would like to do every day and get paid for it, it would have to be music in some form.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Music keeps me out of trouble, keeps me home.

I do it to hopefully make an impact on a culture that has made such a big impact on my life, it's my way of giving back.

There's a satisfaction I get when I create something that others enjoy.

QuietComposer

QuietComposer
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
it's the culture

I do it because of the culture...i'm 35yrs old, and growing up listening to all types of music, I at times found myself in a zone. Then, I finally realized what this is all about, it's all about the hip hop culture man.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, especially with the times...Hip Hop is out of the spotlight (so to speak...). I think just about anyone who is even active in hip hop has to have a strong passion for it at this point. It went on a diet and trimmed the fat! =)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is why I keep telling all of you to participate in everything going on here. With all the stuff offered, we all have so much potential right at our fingertips. If we all keep pushing our music out there then eventually people will have no choice but to hear us.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thats why I said "so to speak", There are enough 'quality' hip hop albums out to be the entire Top 20 albums list but most won't make it.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think this is more true than most of us let on. We make music to keep the demons at bay.

Here is a GREAT article about it.

http://songtumbler.com/2011/10/04/motivation-proclamation/

That was a cool lil article...I definatly identify with dude...I wasnt trying to be funny either...my head is a very, very loud place...sometimes I wish I was one of those people who ONLY thinks when they talk...When I was going hard as an artist i could turn the voices into raps...now I can turn on the computer, play some chords, build, build, and build...then I look down at the clock, its dinner time...I need to be able to slip into that trance.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I always wanted to make beats. I started out making tracks in high school using Impulse Tracker on the PC. It was just fun, enjoyable, and enjoyed the process of making music, so I stuck with it. I only got back into making beats after a five year break, but am looking forward to rekindling my love for making beats!

members online