Why I love my MPC ...

T

The Bastard

MarkN said:
LOL i've got a MPC 1000 and i can't get on with it i just haven't found a good way of using it to benefit me yet but i got a load more stuff arriving any day now so hopefully when thats alll up and running it will fit in place !? anyone with an MPC1K how do you use yours in your setup ?
HOW CAN U NOT FIND A USE FOR IT IN YUR SETUP. ITS THE BEST SEQUENCER/SAMPLER AVAILAABLE IN THE HARDWARE WORLD

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I love my Mpc 1000 cause I can travel with it and my Alesis Micron, pair of headphones and a couple of CF's and I'm bangin. Plus their colors match (red side panels) LOL.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
cuz ive spent years and years making the drumkits i love on my mpc2000 and now i have them all at my finger tips on my 4k....

the fact i can take any decent drum sound and make it a killa...

the sequencer...

the fact that its the machine i learned 2 do hip hop on and will be the machine till i die.

there will always be an mpc in my studio and 2 me if theres not one in a studio it aint a real hip hop studio...

p.s the fact i no longer need a mixer jus my mpc, turntable.. 24bit... lovely..

A

Authority

It is easy to bang out hits on it and it feels comfortable to play on the pads I only know what its like because my homie got one dat i always play on....until i order my own

RaO large

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's built for expermentation! It's so easy just to make a beat, chop a sample then get busy! the note-on and mute group features are fucking insane.

Jacpot

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Its funny how people with the 1k say that they love there pads but the 1k by far has the shittiest pads out of all samplers!

Back on topic.

I love the sequencer. Fuk I love everything about this damn thing.

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im starting to like my 1000 now that I install 3.6 operating system. I was about to take it back to guitar center. Pads are fine to me.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
this post has been around for a while... but i'll weigh in.

for the past year or so i've been almost strictly on reason. i can now rip reason to shreds and make a solid beat in a few minutes.

that being said, i've also sampled a lot throughout my production carreer (been beat making for about 5 years- sampling consistently for about 3.)

i started on reason, learned to use recycle and then later switched to hardware. I got an mpc 1000 and a fantom x...later i got a virus as well. They were ill together.

some shit happened and i ended up floating back to reason because it was so quick and because i had such a difficult time navigating through the 1000...and getting my chopped samples on it.
long story short, after a harrowing reacquaintance with my 1000 a couple days ago, i've already banged out 3 solid beats...loving the feel of the mpc each time. now i want to upgrade to a 2500 and get my money's worth with the rest of my hardware.

in short...mpc is ill.

members online