Why is EVERY Non-rap Song about Sex??

[Male bot Voice]

I didn't like how we had sex last time
You're not a good sexual partner
You're good at sex
Sike you're not
I used to have sex with you and now I feel bad that we don't
I used to have sex with you but I don't and I don't care.
We should have sex.
We are having sex.
Is that a strap-on?
We should not have sex.
We totally should not have sex.
Can you please no- You know what?
This is actually fun
We should absolutely have sex

Last edited:
Have you ever listened to talking heads, Nirvana, the white stripes? Almost none of their songs are about sex. In fact I find hip hop music to be the worst offender here. It’s about sex more often then not.
Well are Any of the bands you named still active? + I think the easiest way to have a non-sex-related song is hip-hop. You can rap about ANYTHING. ask dave burd.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Hip Hop @thedreampolice is the worst offender because of profanity/vulgarity/obscenity and treating sex w/an adolescent lens, I say adolescent as much of what people spit in Hip Hop about the subject comes off as puerile.

Listen @Armani closely to some 90s R&B and work your way to today's R&B minus the OD'ing on Auto-Tune. I still feel some of the former more than the latter.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
Tell that to my man woody guthrie dude diidnt care about pussy he was just happy driving round in his car. Hating on facists

A modern example, honestly there are 1000s of songs with tons of different themes if you look out of the mainstream

Last edited:
Tell that to my man woody guthrie dude diidnt care about pussy he was just happy driving round in his car. Hating on facists

A modern example, honestly there are 1000s of songs with tons of different themes if you look out of the mainstream

I mean you got a point with mainstream, but still, all of these 1000 songs come from an album, and if you check those albums out track by track, that 1 song is the only non-love-related song in it. or at least 83% of the songs of that album are still love related songs. the only genres that count as a strong offender are songs that came out before the 00s (I mean 1900, not 2000), hip-hop, metal and whatever the fuck queens of stone age does.

(I actually meant 2000s)

Hip Hop @thedreampolice is the worst offender because of profanity/vulgarity/obscenity and treating sex w/an adolescent lens, I say adolescent as much of what people spit in Hip Hop about the subject comes off as puerile.

Listen @Armani closely to some 90s R&B and work your way to today's R&B minus the OD'ing on Auto-Tune. I still feel some of the former more than the latter.
imagine a hip hop song right now. RIGHT NOW.

is it a love song?

see? get the point?

I'm being ridiculous but the point is it's WAAAAAAAAAY easier to find/write good non-love songs in hip hop. flexing about bad bitchez and shit is just something that happens now and then in new mainstream stuff when you're outta lyrics.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
honestly it comes down to genre,love songs are very prevalent in pop music because ( unless you a complete asexual ) its something most people can relate to. i would also add that there is a difference between a sexualy expicit song and a love song. and honestly i enjoy both. in metal and rock or punk the themes are often isoltaion and alienation in rap many of the themes are about highlighting the individual or dissing a rival (kinda like old timey poets used to do to eachother back in medevil times) shit i have a whole playlist of psychadelic rock were a large part of the songs are about tripping balls. genres stick to themes and love/sex is a very marketble theme hence why its used in popular music.

and i mean

the "lord and savior" of hip hop made this hahaha : #wannafuckyouhardonthesinkandafterwardsgetmesomethingtodrink

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I like @Crispifier sexual songs w/nuance, like

and well crafted love songs like

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Sex @Fade sells but I'm turned on most by subtlety moreso than brazen juvenile vulgarity. Subtlety says mature to me. And mature doesn't have to be synonymous w/boring. I hate when sex is used as a crutch to compensate for lack of artistic talent(s).

Members online