Why is it easier to take the vocal off of an old song??

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I realized that, when I use Cool Edit Pro 's take vocal off, it works well with song from the 60-70s, but If I try it with todays music it doesn't work?

Does someone know the reason why? I guess it has something to do with the way we record today but does someone knows the TRUE reason?

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo is that a plug in? ... ive allways wanted to try one that actually works.. that shit will take a vocal out? i cant really picture that shit working.... is that a cool edit feature or is it a plug in i can use with other programs... or does anyone know of any plugins that do that shit

ill o.g.
Because a lot of the older music was panned to different sides. Its real easy on some records. Like a got a stack of records that got everything panned. Sometimes theyll have the drums just panned full right and i can grab shit easy.

But the program your talkin about probly uses somethin that has to do with the panning of the track, and nowdays, most people got vocals on the center perfectly.

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeap i noticed that to... that in a lot old records the vocals are left or into the right just by the selfs... with out no instruments no drums etc....

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
well actually its easier because back then music was recorded only to 3 to 4 tracks. so the lead vocals was were recorded dead center or to the left or to the right along with certain instruments. nowadays since we have so many tracks to work with vocals are recorded on the left and right which makes it hard to eliminate them.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Aight thanx, and for your question Gram Green, you just go in Channel Mixer.