Why KEEP Vinyl?

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I undersytand that vinyl is the place to get the best samples (shitloads of records out there, man)...but I've been lookin around ta my setup and home space and I don't think that I can carry thousands upon thousands of vinyl records.

Does anyone cop vinyl, grab what they need to grab and then resell it? I mean I rather grab some, burn them to disc (DVD or whatever) then stash those in a big CD Album book. Of course the samples'll live on my hard drive (soon-to-be external!) but I don't need the full composition anymore. Not to hate and certainly not to sould like a big, fat noob, but..... Why KEEP Vinyl?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I love Vinyl for the, sleeves, inserts and crazy colors.....but naw for real I know for a fact 2 people putting records out that are sampled and you know what they told me????????? they dont own 1 single record...I cant mention any names but my jaw dropped...hahahaha! but for they most part they got hi qual mp3....and huge digital collection of stuff they sample from....I mean I like to use my tables in the old Skool sense....buuut.........working with samples on your computer in either Reason or Fruity which I also like, makes you spoiled and then when You have to use gear you kind of hate the amount of time it takes.....LOL I keep all of my records though but I have a pretty huge collection digital stuff and a small vinyl collection....

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
1.Tradition!
2. It' s an inexpsensive way to get samples
3. That warm analog sound with "chicken frying" in the background is simply wonderful.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The thing with vinyl is that some of the albums are rare now. My pops has a ton of records and a turntable and I was checking out this Rose Royce album. I heard a bar I like but the record is scratched up and has way too much static to record. I look for the cd at stores and the song on the net and get nothing. So my point is that you might find the greatest hits album of an artist, but to get their more rare songs you can only get on vinyl. Plus some of the top producer like pete rock, their also collectors so to them keeping vinyl is also a hobby.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i look for 1940's 1950's goverment propaganda or christian journal speech records, things of that nature. i just bought one from 62 that is a 12" on how to interview for a job. Havn't got it in yet but i bet there are miniumal background music. there's a lot of things that you can do from that

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as big d mention..just a love for vinyl. putting the needle to the record. the sound that comes from records cannot be duplicated. i thinks its just as much as the searching as it is about the actuall record. you begin to learn different musicians, seeing names over and over on differnet people albums, cover work linear notes. the vinyl, being able to look at the records and picking potential hot spots just from lookin at the grooves in the record alone, the pursuit of all. i'm not against the evolution of mp3,ebay,p2p. for the most part that's how i stumble across alot of albums now, due to the local record shop closing, and lack of funds. however i miss and fiend for the next time i can spend 3 - 4 hours just sifting thru records..for alot of seasoned vets, and favorite, classic producers, diggin isn't sum'n as special as it was back in the day, but it's something i find very special. diggin peroid. Peace.

Protege SS

ill o.g.
Inspiration! Everytime I look at my record shelf I get a high. It gives my room a really grimey Hip Hop look. And I get respect from other producers for keeping the essence of Hip Hop in my room...vinyl, it's a beautiful thing.
Protege

ps-you may want to ignore me I'm kinda tipsy.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i know once i get my sound card i am backing up all my vinyl to cd just in case something happends to them, but its good to collect vinyl you never know what gem you would find

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
I'm with that World. I get records and if I don't find anything appealing about it after the fact such as some kicks, samples, or a cover I like I resell it. I don't have enough space in my crammed up room to keep em all. If I had space I would keep em and file em all, but Damn they get your room dusty.

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I keep all my records cause , I hear them differently each year. and I pick up something that I wouldn't have picked up earlier.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
What you need to do is start building your furniture out of your vinyl.

I ran out of room and started a big ass pile in the middle of my room and one day I fell asleep on it. Then I woke up and was like "Damn, that is almost the size of a bed." So after about 6 more crate fulls, I put a comforter and a pillow on that mutha and now it's like a queen size bed.

You might lose a girlfriend or two in the process, but hey, you still got samples. Am I right?