Why make music when nobody cares?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No doubt. I think most of us have been there trying to make our hobby into a career but we all know how the music industry is. I guess it's also sort of like pro sports - probably less than 1% are going to make it to the pros and only a small amount of them will be stars.

I learned a while ago like he said in the video, it's as long as the stuff we create reaches someone, not necessarily everyone. Ultimately it's about creating something because it's what we do. Looking at the music industry anyway, I don't think any of us here would fit in lol. :clown:

After all these years making music with very few listeners and still making the music, it's because I enjoy making music, Ive always enjoyed music, and being able to make it is very enjoyable to me, I enjoy the challenges music production throws at me and it keeps my active mind busy. I enjoy the sense of achievement in the improvements in my craft.
I find music production satisfying for my soul. Im quite introverted so it allows me to express myself freely. It would be really nice for others to hear it and like it, but after all these years of me enjoying the music making process, thats why I do it. If it stopped being fun, Id stop doing it. We only get one life, enjoy it doing what you love.

Good vid. Yeah, I realised before I even started how hard it is just to get your production heard let alone people actually liking it.

I made a decision that if I like it then that’s what counts, if you are producing music that’s trending and sells just for potential money, then it’s just another job where your not doing what you want to do! They’re my creations and if even a small amount of people enjoy them or get inspired to create their own art then it’s all good.

This vid got me thinking about the mental health beat / production I made a while back on soundcloud then just put out on YouTube.

Now that kind of production to me is important and if a handful of people with say suicidal thoughts hear it and take something positive from it then that means more to me than thousands of likes and subscribers!

Back when I first put that on soundcloud and posted it in the showcase I almost didn’t coz I felt like I’d get a lot of comments like ‘what the fuck is this sad shit! I don’t wanna hear this mental health crap!’

But for those that did I received positive well meaning words for the ‘message’.

Now I don’t give a fuck if people don’t like it haha don’t listen, simple.

On that note I’m putting the JOHN WICK beat out on YouTube, make sure to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and SHARE as I only make beats for FAME!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

members online