1. The next Beat This! Competition will be from September 26-27th!
  2. Vote now for the best Beat It Up! beat.

Why There's No Feeling In Today's Rap Music

1. Guest

There's still artists out there with feeling just that the majority don't. And I think with the money, drink and luxuries concepts they can work if done correctly. You have pop rappers talkin about poppin bottles in clubs, throwing money round and shit and, like you, I'm not buyin it. On the other hand, Nas had a track on Life Is Good last year called 'Cherry wine' in which alcohol plays a big role in the tracks concept but I can relate to that song coz there's feeling and the alcohol concept is ran in parallel with the relationship concept. And with the whole struggle concept I can't relate to those talkin about extremely rough lifestyles but I can relate to artists that talk about regular inconveniences like ATCQ- 8 Million stories

wizard likes this.
  2. wizard

wizard

ILLIEN
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:

Dope article and hit the bulls eyes!
    Also because of the loudness war, most just want their music loud not realizing it takes away from the dynamics,
    no dynamics no feelings at all
    Great share!

Thank you!

3. ApeMade

ApeMade

I feel the exact same way! This here is Honest truth! I think, in my opinion, the main industry, is trying to knock off the realm of truth, for inspiration, or to relate others who felt that artists lyrics, attach to them. There isnt much inspiration today in Rap, anymore. Nothing but Negativity. Its one of the Genre's that can inspire a youth, into thinking, inspiring thought of minds in some way. Hip hop did change the world one time. They know, that to only destroy the culture, is to benefit only the weak contents in Production/Artists to inspire the new generation youth to slowly eliminate it. I also, blame ourselves, for not, teaching the youngins, or our youths, into listening to what real content, really should be about. I have love for all styles of music, but if its making the youths think, in Artists to be basic and lack of understanding in their contents is the new Hott, Im unsure if this is industy will last very long. I highly respect those artists you mentioned, "NAS" Because He and Bone Thugz", in Artists, of my younger years, Are the ones who, inspired me to be Producing today. it was 1995-1998 Ive first heard hip hop. Heard Nas and Bone, album, Ive never heard sounds or any music like that before, which was outer space music for me and drew my attention towards a HipHop Fan. Those beats were out of the world at the time, They have had impacted me in a way, thats for sure!

4. TjombaBeats

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
    Battle Points:
    Fade releasing some real talk on this subject!. Spot on!

5. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Iranian ILL Beatmaker , workin of "Forbade" album
    Battle Points:
  6. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Iranian ILL Beatmaker , workin of "Forbade" album
    Battle Points:
    Hip-Hop is Alive , Rappers are Dead .

TjombaBeats likes this.