Work sucks!!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you hate your employer and/or job, put your hands up! Put your hands up!

Answer this:
1. What do you do?
2. Why do you hate your job?

Me:
1. Web Developer
2. They don't know how to fun an office and the working conditions suck. Try working with barking dogs and crying babies. Oh and a broken down fridge with fish food oozing inside.

:nerd:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Maybe I should stay in Cali and we can team up!

Na but it's crossed my mind many times, I got some thinking to do on my vacation. I mean, I'm going to totally chill out but I need to think cause the whole office thing is getting less and less for me.

Anyone else? Pug where you at? I KNOW you hate your job...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dam homie, if you did live in Cali - we would be killin it official I can tell you that! lol...
But yeah man, I cant really say I hate my job right now other then not pullin enough cheese as Id like to cuz Im the happiest Ive ever been ironically. What are you doin on vacation in Cali anyways dude?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya that's the thing - either pull in the cash and hate your boss or live free of pressure but have to eat noodles.

Gonna chill, staying in Palm Springs mostly but going to LA for a day, maybe 2! I'll see when I get there. How far are you?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Dude, from LA im a bit of journey but if you come through my area Im located in Northern California closer to Sacramento in a college town called Chico - its about 8 hours from LA tho so i figure I prob wont run into you.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
1. ESL Teacher
2. I work from home teaching English over an ISP phone. It's nice to work from home, but the job sucks ass. Most of the students I have are good, some make my work day that much better, BUT the ones that make it bad totally destroy it. It's like a telemarketer forced to talk with a client who has no interest for 10-20 minutes. The pay sucks, and the government toting fuckers saying the economy is great and employment is up, they can all lick my balls because jobs are NOT easy to find these days.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
1. Inventory Analyst
2. Shit aint really that bad. Much better than the gig i had back up north in NY (Warehouse Manager). I got the CEO and VP right around the corner from where my cubicle is...... 8 to 5, hour for lunch (play bball with my boss and other coworkers at the Y on Tues./Thurs). Actually, it is a MILLION times better than the job i had. Pay is ok, it could ALWAYS be more. Plan on sitting closer to the VP and CEO in years to come....... Thats if i aint making hit records by then......

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
1. Laboratory Technician (in university)
2. I actually love my job, the first job I ever even liked. I help design then perform the experiments myself and even though I am an undergraduate the investigators take my ideas seriously. We usually perfuse and collect tissue from rats, so that was a little different.. from this job though i've decided to get my PhD. i'll be in school forever and be nearly 40 but ohhwell,, do what you love right??

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
ive never came across a job i liked. I think I have ADD though ive never been diagnosed with it lol. I just get very bored very quickly with things, and it shows at the jobs i do. I also hate being told what to do, esp by someone that i would prolly slap outside of the job if they ever said some slick shit they know they can get away with at work. I think I found my calling in web design and programming, its something i can really see myself doing (besides music of course) so im trying to get my weight up in that area. Im currently doing alot of tutorials and reading books and things of that nature, im too busy and broke to really go to school for it now, but everyone tells me that u dont really need to go to school for it if u know it. I have a real creative eye and good taste, just need a little more technical knowledge and ill be good to go. hopefully i can get a full time position in the next few months and then i would just freelance like a madman on the side until i could freelance full time. having a boss sucks. Having to meet goals for anyone other than yourself sucks. my girl started a clothing store, with me handling the website and other technical aspects of things, so hopefully that takes off as well, but we just started and are still in the red at this point. Ive pretty much realized that the 9 to 5 is def not for me. some poeple can do that shit, im pretty much wired for the opposite.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Sounds weird but thats cool Chrono, congrats and making it happen with something u dig.

Thanks Shonsteez! i guess working for someone else is not really comparable to successfully working for yourself though. it's nice to have hiphop to do after work.. you never know if the skill might pop off and change career plans

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Nah man, i wasnt knockin it or nothing...the job just sounded weird to me. But everyones got their own thing so whatever I say is just small talk anyways....My whole point was that if you find something to do, WHATEVER IT MAY BE - and your HAPPY doing it!?....Then thats a good thing.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Guess I have the worst job...
After being laid off from my previous job..

I work at a AT&T call center...
I hate every aspect of the job......I've never hated anything so much in my life. I'm surrounded by people who've accepted their fates as nothing more than call center people....It's condescending, actually.....

People are so happy when another call center is hiring that pays more....If I was making 40,000 a year doing it....I would still think it's not worth it...It's monotamy in it's purest form...

Im sick and tired of my job, I hate carrying shit up stairs all day, if the money wasnt as decent as it is Id have left a long time ago. The conditions get worse weekly and Im on a final warning so I might be out of there not by choice, before I know it. But if I lost my job id be pretty fucked, I sort of depend on it.
The sooner I blow up and make a living out of music the better. Damn I havent even got a pension plan.
Relying on my music as a pension plan is pretty fucking stupid, but thats where Im at.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
1-Court Clerk Civil Domestic Violence Protective orders

2-Everyone I deal with in the public realm is either miserable or an asshole that beats on women.The coworkers are either cool as hell or brain dead automatrons, or back stabbing, gossipng, sugar eating crazy redneck chicks. People above me are elected so once every 2 years or so there is huge stress amoungst them and that trickles down. There is a ceiling in as far as you can get promoted and politics abounds.
The mental stress of having dealt with over 33 thousand of these cases is enormous and we only get paid once a month and our benefits have been slashed, no raises this year. I have to occasionally deal with people who create their own conspiracies by comming down hear and declaring that we are all out to get them until they have raised so much hell that we actually are out to get them to stop comming and jamming up the system with insanity.
I guess the pluses are I get mucho net time in while runnning ish and I help shape policy in regards to dv and sit on some commities that sound impressive. I know judges and lawyers and law enforcement and I get to talk shit to cops and get away with it :) .
Its all God's ironic sense of humor as I hated all gov until I was humbled into getting this job.
I think I have become one of those resigned to my fate of being here forever or else going to law school.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
1. Owner of Rental Properties

2. I hate renting houses because people in general dont care about things that dont belong to them...Lately I've been `flipping houses` which I like alot more. No repair expenses past the initial remodeling, no excuses for not having the rent money on time, no unexpected repairs...The one downfall is waiting for the right buyer, taxes and insurance still have to be paid whether its sold or not.

dac

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
1. Assistant Manager at a retail pharmacy

2. I've been with the company for 9 years, and worked my way up... I've hated my job from the beginning... but when the pay is good and it's all you know, you get stuck. I have to deal with corporate b.s. Retarded customers, employees who can't think for themselves.... and even though I'm considered a "boss" I deal with alot of b.s. Including that of the person in charge of the store. I am expected to be everything in the store including a security guard.lol. Just a couple days ago, one of my female employees got jumped in the parking lot by some girls she kicked out previously for stealing.... If you ever worked retail then you understand, it could either be cool as hell, or miserable. I try to make the best of it though. I actually started a site on this same subject- Breakroombuzz.com<------shameless plug :D Haven't had any time to update it lately because of work go figure, but my overall idea should be cool when its done.