Worshiping God To The Bone [and beyond]

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
"Sometimes the further you go away, the deeper you go within"

"Shot in the Iranian Kurdistan. These are the Ghaderi Deervishes. Their initial chants prepare them for a journey. Passion fuels and music guides them.
If necessary, they slash their way through what one thinks one already knows.
Their dance is a celebration of discovering the divinity within. The divinity shared by all"

Trailer: http://www.beyondwordsfilm.com/Video/oldpromo3.mpg

Additional Photos: http://aqua-snezhok.livejournal.com/2012322.html

Sincerely,
Wings of an Angel

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
After seeing the video and the images, I'm totally convinced that man hasn't changed for aeons - despite our so called "progress". Now don't get me wrong, I'm merely pointing out an energy that's deeply rooted within every culture in the world. Though many choose to see this as madness or even ridicule such behavior but for me, it will always be us remembering the past, in the light of the present future.

Wings thanks for sharing!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well Font, thats an interesting take on it, I at first thought "This is not helping me like Iranians " then I thought about all the cats here who do the same ish but sell it as entertainment.So its even, not my culture and that looks crazy, but no more so than the stuff the do here, usually in the name of the devil or whatever else might shock people.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I knew christians who would use this as perfect fodder to examplify other religions as "from the devil". But there is much about the Ghaderi Deervishes that we know not of. The study of man and faith is an amazing phenomenon to me since I am one who has little to no faith. I would wish that there is something beyond the physical universe but no spiritual flavor stands out more than my conscious revealing a path from inside. I am afraid, as Relic pointed out, that many people will simply see the actions of these men without knowing anything about them at all.