Worst Beatmaking experience

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Here's my worst experience: I had just got my ASR-10 and I was soooo hyped about having it, I went to work and got all my samples together, my drums, keys, etc. Finally crafted a SMOKIN' track (not realizing that I had not done a save in a minute) and our power blinked off and back on again, and I had I had lost everything!!!! My head split open and I put my fist through the stinkin' wall!! I was able to re-do the track but the "feeling" that I had originally wasn't the same. Oh, on another occasion, i accidently reformatted one of my MPC zip disks that had some sick drums and sequences on it! I did that twice!!! that happened around 3am! I was almost in tears over that!

What are some of your painfull experiences while crafting your masterpieces?

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Sitting in a meeting with a main stream label rep and producer.. and having them say "Well you just 33 minutes Make us this type of track" Kinda like some do to artist when they tell em to freestyle.. I was nervous as hell because. 1. I didn't like using the gear they had. 2. I didn't have my sounds with me.
3. I wasn't expecting to have to do that at all

they using used a fucking timer.. whole text wasnt to See if i could make a track that fast but to see if i could handle pressure.. beat turned out good tho just sucks that it made No diff if i go the work or not it was all based on how well i handled pressure.

but yea that was my worst because i've never had to dot hat before

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
Sitting in a meeting with a main stream label rep and producer.. and having them say "Well you just 33 minutes Make us this type of track" Kinda like some do to artist when they tell em to freestyle.. I was nervous as hell because. 1. I didn't like using the gear they had. 2. I didn't have my sounds with me.
3. I wasn't expecting to have to do that at all

they using used a fucking timer.. whole text wasnt to See if i could make a track that fast but to see if i could handle pressure.. beat turned out good tho just sucks that it made No diff if i go the work or not it was all based on how well i handled pressure.

but yea that was my worst because i've never had to dot hat before

WOW homie!! That's crazy!! I'm glad you passed the test though!

Oh, CRAP!!! I didn't even see that Nnxt had started the same or similar thread as this one!! Sorry Fade. My bad fam! Mine was really focusing on beatmaking though. Not experiences in the lab so maybe this is still cool.

ill o.g.
DJ X-sinna said:
Here's my worst experience: I had just got my ASR-10 and I was soooo hyped about having it, I went to work and got all my samples together, my drums, keys, etc. Finally crafted a SMOKIN' track (not realizing that I had not done a save in a minute) and our power blinked off and back on again, and I had I had lost everything!!!! My head split open and I put my fist through the stinkin' wall!! I was able to re-do the track but the "feeling" that I had originally wasn't the same. Oh, on another occasion, i accidently reformatted one of my MPC zip disks that had some sick drums and sequences on it! I did that twice!!! that happened around 3am! I was almost in tears over that!

What are some of your painfull experiences while crafting your masterpieces?

That shit happened to me like 20 times. Im usin the EPS16. Either i trip over the power cord in the middle of a beat, we lose the power, i forgot i didnt save yet, shit freezes up, whatever. That shits happened so much it dont bother me as much any more. I just need to hit the punchin bag a little to get over it after.

Or i make a whole beat and i save everything, but forget to save the snare or somethin like that. And i cant get my snare to sound like it did cuz i distort and layer my shits with other shits. That sucks too.

One shit just happened just the other day. I had a mic hooked, im tryin to figure out this new multitrack i got, and i playback through my main speakers that ive had over 2 years that i love 2 death, and forgot the multi was still monitoring the mic and i had the worst feedback i ever heard in my life. Im tryin to figure how to stop. My ears are about to start bleedin it was so loud. I finally get the shit on standby, lower all the levels, turn off the mic. Then i go back to play my beat (ears still bout to bleed), my fuckin speakers blown out. That wasnt real good. Im still mournin em. i need some new monitors.

if anybodyd like to donate to the Loose Cannon Monitors Fund, just pm me. ill accept small monthly or one-time payments. thank you

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:
That shit happened to me like 20 times. Im usin the EPS16. Either i trip over the power cord in the middle of a beat, we lose the power, i forgot i didnt save yet, shit freezes up, whatever. That shits happened so much it dont bother me as much any more. I just need to hit the punchin bag a little to get over it after.

Or i make a whole beat and i save everything, but forget to save the snare or somethin like that. And i cant get my snare to sound like it did cuz i distort and layer my shits with other shits. That sucks too.

One shit just happened just the other day. I had a mic hooked, im tryin to figure out this new multitrack i got, and i playback through my main speakers that ive had over 2 years that i love 2 death, and forgot the multi was still monitoring the mic and i had the worst feedback i ever heard in my life. Im tryin to figure how to stop. My ears are about to start bleedin it was so loud. I finally get the shit on standby, lower all the levels, turn off the mic. Then i go back to play my beat (ears still bout to bleed), my fuckin speakers blown out. That wasnt real good. Im still mournin em. i need some new monitors.

if anybodyd like to donate to the Loose Cannon Monitors Fund, just pm me. ill accept small monthly or one-time payments. thank you

Dang homie!! Now THAT SUCKS!!! I hurt with you.

ghostmusic

ill o.g.
I had just started making beats and I didn't yet take the time to back my shit up. I had an apppointment to drop off my first beat CD to a indy label, the night before fucking thunderstorm fried my PC, no surge protrctor no back ups...I almost gave up right there. But in the end taught me a lesson and made me smarten up. Back your shit up!!!!!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
what usually happens to me is i save over stuff by accident coz the Motif's saving system is pretty wierd. in this way i keep what i just did, but i lose other nice stuff too.

i dont think there is a single beatmaker out there who hasnt lost beats/data. can u imagine worldwide how many tight ideas have gone to waste. damn shame.

sAfE.