Worst Experience In the lab???

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
bigdmakintrax said:
Luckily there is a Korg repair center about 20 minutes away......man look I thought they would take weeks......I took it in there on a Thursday and it was fixed and I picked it up the next day.....apparently triton keys get broken a lot, if you pull one out it has this lil contact point that if you press the key down too hard it will break right off at least on the 61 key board I have.........they had them in stock man....it cost like 200 dollars though man.....but you cannot even tell it was ever damaged...
Word, thats good to know. My nigga beats the keys up when he's producing (It's Not a Fuckin Drum Pad DAmmit!) Yea, them weighted keys probably would've been fine.

C

Copenhagen

LOL...ok Wings...i can understand why, cause you all seem like some unlucky bastards with those stories ;). I have been fortunate enough to not really experience any problems like that.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
I had bought a 250 GB external hard drive to save all my beats while I was stationed in Japan. Well, I had well over 200 beats and concepts. We had a big ass typhoon hit us and lightening struck my apartment complex and my whole hard drive got fried like bacon on a skillet man......I wanted to cry.........LOL.

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
Damn Thats Some Fucked Up Shit....

I Guess Mine Was Deejaying At A Party And I Was Switching Records And All Of A Sudden Someone Had Tripped Over The Power Bables And Disconnected Everything And The Music Went Off While Everyone Was Dancing I Was Like Fuck....lol

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Complexxx said:
I had bought a 250 GB external hard drive to save all my beats while I was stationed in Japan. Well, I had well over 200 beats and concepts. We had a big ass typhoon hit us and lightening struck my apartment complex and my whole hard drive got fried like bacon on a skillet man......I wanted to cry.........LOL.

LMAO!!! Damn talk about Luck huh

Aeast

ill o.g.
worst time in the studio for me would be when i was doing a multi track project and we had to do a 60 second commercial so we had to record the music then the vocals then mix em back into Pro Tools for the final mix but Pro tools wouldnt record the final mix for some reason...we ended up changing stations but i was still pissed.....I dont use Pro tools at home but i have to at school so thats what we was running , a digi 001

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
this aint tnot the worst experiance ,but just the other night i was stoned on the mpc, saved a track to ZIP disk to a partition where i put final drafts.. well my drums were named the same as well as some vocal samples as another track, so it overwrote them samples and fucked up both tracks

grrr :p

C

Carpe Diem

Not backing up projects and then having ya PC/MAC break down on ya!!!

Happened to me 3/4 times, should have learnt from first time...

Had to reinstall Windows etc, took the piss, but is quite good cos it lets ya experiment more and it made me more adventorous, was trying new things etc...

Peace

CD

D

Dev_Mason408

Somebody spilled water all over the 002's mixer and short circuited it!!

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
jeez, if something like that could happend to me, i would go find myself another hobby.Be careful guys!

Ive been very cautious. I have tone of copy of my stuffs. The worst thing that happend to me lately was a lack of inspiration.

Ive lost beats in the past when i used to work mainly with computers, this was part of the reason i moved more into harware. but sometimes when I lost nuff beats that inspired me to come back even harder, so dont quit.

one thing that I did which pissed me off as well as my boy, is i acidentally deleted his 2nd verse for one song off my 4 track and the verse was flawless.

we neva did get that verse done we ended up comming back about 2 weeks later and doing a totally different verse.

sad sad

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
a few days ago i deleted about 15 beats from my Motif by accident. dont EVER try and cancel a Loading Process, it wipes the memory. (thats what i did)

sAfE.

E

e.g

Shortaay said:
probably the worst experience I had was when I was in the studio at Uni... it was a brand new setup *with the exception of the mixing desk* the desk was an old StudioMaster desk... so because of the A-D conversion you had to make sure you turned off the aux sends when you were mixing and put em on when you were recording, if you didn't it'd cause Digital Feed back THE MOST PAINFUL NOISE EVER... if you've heard it you'll understand.. well I caused the feedback to happen one time, and blew the 2 brand new monitor speakers that they had bought THAT DAY... lol..

I was banned from recordin in the studio for 3 weeks...

>>> well that suck i dont know exactly what kind of money it cost dem to replace the speakers but i guess it will be a lesson well learned

E

Equality 7-2521

Manji said:
Once I was making a beat and a bull charged my ass!!!!!

no kidding. that happened to me too except with a goat...

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL - never had any sort of animal attack me while making beats. I had a nice power cut, in which I managed to lose quite a few samples I had just spent ages recording in and catalogging as well as two almost complete beats I hadn't backed up yet.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigd... can u buy replacment keys at all....
im onli new so far soo good with my experiences hgopefully i keep that way