Would this forum be the best place for Rappers to jack our beats??

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
We post beat in here, we have no copyright on anything that we put in the showcase, well most of us. Don't you think it's a good place for rappers or producers to "steal" music from unknown artist??

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Um yeah....If u aint carefull and take enough precautionary steps to avoid that.
I never offer my beats on Soundclick as MP3's, with a few exceptions....If i have an emcee already on a track and i want tha pub, ill let it go. But other than that, thats on u if yer letting whoever download yer tracks...I mean, people can do whatever they want with that beat after u let them download it.
I also copyright my beats that are going to be used in specific productions such as a comp cd, etc.

What it comes down to, is jus be hella carefull with yer ish. You spend a lot of time to make those beats so protect them.

STEEZ

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah but now there's stream recording software, so regardless of wether you set your beats as downloads or not, people can still jack your shit. ive had a few beats jacked because of that shit. so now personally i just dont put any beats up at all, only finished tracks.

E

Equality 7-2521

like deuce said, just dont offer free mp3 download and your sweet

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
i dont want to scare anyone, but like chedda said, its true... theres some people who can record your beat on your soundclick page, even though it is not a download. Someone even had the nerve to tell me that one of my tracks are in his cd, he is listening to it while driving. You know....
Everyone, you should all be carefull....

P_GyaL

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Im fucking soooo pissed to hear that shit....its like u cant even display yer skills anymore without some bitch ass chump mutherfucker jackin yer shit!!!.....THats low man. Thats jus fuckin LOw.....Its pathetic really....Its like - if yer a REAL EMCEE you wouldnt have to jack other hardworking artists music. I mean, ya kno?

Shit thats fucked up.

STEEZ

ill o.g.
its best to jus not even worry about it cuz even if they can't download your beat they could still hear it and steal your idea and remake it.. you could b walking down the street and someone could run up to you and jack your walkman with your beats in it so. imean fuck it you best jus have more than one hot beat.. mostl likely the people who are gunna jack your beat is the labels or rappers that you personally give a cd of your shit to then they aint feelin it and they got a copy of your cd burned at their house

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
I wish i had warned all of you the minute i knew about it. this is one of the reason why i dont really put my best stuff online... and anyways, i would recommend to put only a 25 second of your beat. That way they wont be able to jack your beat. Make it impossible for them to loop your beat. Anyways, in this life, theres no way out, we are all surrounded by hypocrite: Friends, Stranger and Emcee!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
Man, honestly tho vocal tags are WACK....Im not one to be about some bullshit or all honery, but when i hear vocal-tagged beats, that shits soooo fucking annoying....Jus dont let fools download. Period.

Yo when I really like a beat of one of you guys and I want to listen to it when I'm on my computer, all I do is: go in the sound panel put recording settings on : what you hear. So I can record everysound from the computer, including the stream

DOWNLOAD OR NO DOWNLOAD, it ain't safe no more lol

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
But as up and comers, do we have a choice. At every aspect whether online or not, some under talented/lazy/cheap fool is going to try. I've only got the studio running almost a month now, and already I'm in legal issues with dudes.
Right now my safe that I keep my archive beat disc in is gone including the wall it was attached to, but seeing that I have ran a studio before: I only used it as a decoy to distract attention from the one in the roof.
I think at best your true only protection is copyrighting and developing uniqueness both in production style and flava. For your musics gotta leave the studio someway and anyway it does someones gonna be there to bite on it.
Just A Krzy Thought

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You can record stuff you stream without using any kind of software, just by using the windows mixer and a recording program. :) :(

That's another reason why I put everything up in the competitions at 64kbps and the radio at 24kbps, it's a good way to turn these idiots away. Hopefully they'll hear the shit quality and say "fuck it, it's not worth it".

If anyone ever gets their beat jacked from this site (and if you have proof it was from here) - I'll see if I can do something. Like, have them killed. Just let me know. It would be considered stealing from you - but also stealing from IllMuzik, right?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
yo theres no protection even with streams. i know a way where u can download streams and dont even have to record them.
by the way ur stuff is automatically copyrighted to you as soon as you create it. theres a misconception about copyright that u need to register it inorder to get ur rights. these rights are already yours as soon as you lay down those notes. register companies just provide evidence that this material was with you at a certain date.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
now with soundclick, you can copyright your song when upload it, is it legit?

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
yea i can copy the whole radio station on illmuzik and then master it just run it though a mixer then back into my computer,but you must use high speed internet so you you will have no clicks. so you guys need to be careful like i put up songs but i add sounds and words in the background and try to use the whole beat when you have a artist on it

members online