Would this forum be the best place for Rappers to jack our beats??

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
if u upload a beat on the internet, that can also be proof that you had the beat at a certain date.

but like beat101 said, you gota take the risk otherwise noone will know about your music. besides if its really hot, get it sent off to the registers so you can put your music everywhere and not worry about being jacked.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
just be wack then no one will steal your shit.. or just peeps with bad taste hehehe

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
afriquedeluxe said:
theres a misconception about copyright that u need to register it inorder to get ur rights. these rights are already yours as soon as you lay down those notes. register companies just provide evidence that this material was with you at a certain date.
Yeah, i actually jus read that recently in Computer Music....tha shits true.

ill o.g.
For the last couple months ive been handin my beats out only on tape. I stopped puttin my shit on cd cuz of how easy it is for somebody to load cd's onto computers. And i put my beats with a bunch of hiss in the back.

I know somebody could do noise reduction and and record it into there computer, but once its all filtered and all that, you can tell that they got the shit off tape and it aint gonna be perfect like they want there shit to be. I think this is workin alright. Alotta people aint pleased with the sound quality, but as long as my shit aint gettin stolen i dont give a shit.

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
thats why i barely put stuff on the net now, just because of that, but I do get my beats copyrighted the day i finish it, my manager does all of that thru his production company. yall can do this to, get winamp, and when u make ur mp3, play thru winamp and add all of the tags on it, that way when they play it on their player, ur name pops up and all of the copyrights, that may turn them away, just something I do.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Lmao actually you dont even need a Recording app.. Just play the Whole Stream.. and it will auto save in ur Temp files as .mp3 (Windows Machines) there are lots of Ways..

Tags aint gonna Help im sorry.. if someone will wanted to Rip you.. they'd just Listen to the Beat.. Remake it/ Load up your >mp3/ Steal the User Groove, Timing aswell as Remake oo oo and then add a few diff Things to it.. maybe Rework that melody Slightly and you can do Much about it but go.." NOOOO thats mY SHIAT".. its said

Aww and for you Sample based Producer damn there rreally aint shit u can do..

There was a B2k I forget the producer but he stole the track from someone on Mp3.com was SOOO Sad.. but homie got sued for alot..

Any Tags wont help you if they really want it.. they can get it

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
damn, i seriously had no idea it stores it as an mp3 in your temp files. i'll have to check that out. but once again like i said, myself i just choose to not put beats alone on the net.

C

Copenhagen

That is the risk you take if you want to get yourself heard. It's a pity, but that's the way it goes.

members online