Wouldn't Get Far... How Does Kanye Do It

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey I had a question on how the hell Kanye West isolated Creative Studios I'd Find You Anywhere vocals on the Games new single You Wouldn't Get Far feat. Kanye West. If you have heard the track there are horns and all kinds of instrumetns layered underneath the vocals... how did he chop it so well?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I don't think he just isolated the vocals... Its the same song Alchemist sampled for "By your side"

all he did was cut out the vocals he wanted, and maybe EQ'd them to make them stand out over the other elements and maybe some selective reverb to add depth, and then just added them instruments u was talkin bout

O

open mind

how exactly did he "cut" the vocals (im new to sampling)

only he knows.nah but seriously...

u can cut samples with an audio editor of your choice there are lots of editors.i would recommend you adobe audition.then add some eq on the mid and high freqs to make the vocals stand out mo.

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have audobe audition cept im learning reason 3 before i start messing with that... i might have to go buy some books on that and after i get tht down i got read up on recycle damn producin music is kinda a tedious process but i guess its kinda fun (if you have equipment which i dont all i have is a pc and a keyboard but i still get it done)

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i have audobe audition cept im learning reason 3 before i start messing with that... i might have to go buy some books on that and after i get tht down i got read up on recycle damn producin music is kinda a tedious process but i guess its kinda fun (if you have equipment which i dont all i have is a pc and a keyboard but i still get it done)

if you wanna sample, you have to learn something else too.

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ha yea you can't "isolate" vocals from a mix its literally impossible to get them seperate so kanye pays his engineer to eq the vocals and layers other instruments so the original track gets lost in the mix

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ha yea you can't "isolate" vocals from a mix its literally impossible to get them seperate so kanye pays his engineer to eq the vocals and layers other instruments so the original track gets lost in the mix

...Aman! You cant isolate or remove vocals from music,Its permanent!
Theres no EQ'ing in the world that will work.EQ's just alter the musical tone...

PRO TIP...
If you flip the stereo field of the orginal audio recording,SOMETIMES it can suppress the vocals or enhance a background instrument.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
PRO TIP...
If you flip the stereo field of the orginal audio recording,SOMETIMES it can suppress the vocals or enhance a background instrument.

Yea its called the sample inversion technique or some shit like that

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
the vocals aint separated the other instrumentation in the sample are still there. He just eq'd the sample to where the sample is more apparent. He prolly sampled the song where there's least goin on behind that vocal or maybe not. I'm listenin to the joint now I can hear the guitar and horn build ups in the sample.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I have found that sometimes you can get lucky with proper panning and isolate vocals; or atleast break it down to the vocals and one instrument. A lot of times instruments are panned hard right or left and you can eliminate them by separating the stereo tracks and re- recording and EQ'ing the one with the vocals. Even if the vocals are centered, all of the instruments are usually not. So the process of elimination becomes simple. This is just a technique that I found on my own playing with samples. I don't think it's anything new; but alot of people don't seem to know about it.
ONE