Wow. I just heard an album with a terrible mix

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
And the rapper is no good either.

I won't name names but I just thought it's a shame that the beats are pretty good but it's the mix that caught my ear right away. Really bad. Too many highs. Plus the vocals were too loud.

Any of you hear anything like that? I figured if someone is releasing an album they should at least get it sounding right.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
i've mixed a couple songs for a dude that always wants his vocals turned up. i think they're way too loud. but hey, it's his shit. just don't put my name on it. LOL
That's a good point though. You have to decide if you want to just make some money and do what the artist wants, or do you mix it right and work with the artist long term?

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
That's a good point though. You have to decide if you want to just make some money and do what the artist wants, or do you mix it right and work with the artist long term?
i actually try to explain it every time he asks for something. the turning point was when he went to a "real studio" and got something professionally mixed, and it sounded the same (his vocals "too low"). now he tends to listen more to what i say.