WTF?!!? Is this the future of soundDesign?

O

open mind

Part1 - :eek: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-RhyopUmc"]YouTube - reactable: basic demo #1[/ame] :eek:

Part2 - :eek: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPG-LYoW27E&mode=related&search="]YouTube - reactable: basic demo #2[/ame] :eek:

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
that is fuckin ridiculous even wit a cocaine laced blunt swallowing pills washing it down wit everclear can make me come up wit somthing like that..thats some george jetson shyt ..i wud like to hear how a soul sample or sumthin like wud work wit that

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
IF something as ridiculous as that became popular, I'd only see it as a live tool for electronica music.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
lol that looks good...

i hope that is not the future of sound design looks too expensiv man how wud u program keys on that i want a c note and a g .. and i want them playin at this time b4 my breakdown then i want to export to wav when its done.. wot wud happen if u spilled glass of water on that lol

its interestin & great show off tool but dude wasnt making any good music outta it
show me vid wher guy makes a dre beat on ill go start saving my money.. all for new technology u kno but this looks like a party trick rather than a good way of making music prove me wrong tho i would like to see somethin like that work

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IF something as ridiculous as that became popular, I'd only see it as a live tool for electronica music.

dude the same things they're doing in that video- manipulating sine wave operators with modulators, lfos, filters...thats what every synth, analog or Fm (i'm talking everything frm the andromeda to the DX7) does. now, that tech is protoypeish i guess right now so it doesnt sound as good as an andromeda, but it easily could in a few years.

roger lynn and yamaha, i think, maybe roland, are working on a prototype light based circular programming pad. i gotta track the link down again but basically its about 250 white fiber optic tubes on a pad, and each can be a synth, modulator, filter, whatever, and they can be played by tapping this thing, and the rhythm is all related to the user in real time using light patterns on the pads, shi* is CRAZY. i'll try to find that link and post it up soon.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Fuckin WOW! I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it..
Thats amazing, I mean thats some future ass shit !
Think if you had like different orchestral samples with the radar effect tweaked right...?
Thats a cool ass toy right there, its techno geek dj producin beatmaking with alot of future potential..
Good post.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
lol that looks good...

i hope that is not the future of sound design looks too expensiv man how wud u program keys on that i want a c note and a g .. and i want them playin at this time b4 my breakdown then i want to export to wav when its done.. wot wud happen if u spilled glass of water on that lol

its interestin & great show off tool but dude wasnt making any good music outta it
show me vid wher guy makes a dre beat on ill go start saving my money.. all for new technology u kno but this looks like a party trick rather than a good way of making music prove me wrong tho i would like to see somethin like that work

Yo , think about if each of those cubes had diff samples assigned to them tho...
then you have the things that are set to trigger them at diff times..
Man that thing is gonna be the shit, its still at the stage like you say where when synths were new, just oscilators and what not, so really its about where keyboards were in the 50's.Just imagine, I mean it should move by leaps and bounds soon.
When I win the lottery Im gonna invest in that shit, the research and development thereof.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
theese guys should learn some music theory.....

sike
i wanna see bootsy plug his bass into this and come up with some funky shit.