Wtf Pro Tools User Holla

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Pro Tools LE 7.4 and Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 are compatible with Windows Vista (32-bit) Ultimate and Business ..... Windows Vista 64-bit OS installation (any version) is not compatible with Pro Tools....
Windows Vista SP1 — Not Qualified

Please note that Pro Tools LE and M-Powered are not supported on any available versions of Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista. Digidesign will announce Vista Service Pack 1 qualification with Pro Tools as soon as all testing is complete.

Microsoft currently plans to make Windows Vista SP1 available to Windows Update and to the download center on microsoft.com in mid-March 2008. In mid-April, Microsoft will begin delivering Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista customers who have chosen to have updates downloaded automatically.

Please do not install Windows Vista SP1 on any Pro Tools system until it has been officially qualified by Digidesign.

Unless u got Vista Ultimate or Business ..... Might have to wait

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
yo i got XP again but now i cant get sound to come out of my m box at all i installed all the drivers they work fine. i plugged my moniters XLR cable into tlr into the outputs of the mbox and i set my playback device to mbox and recording device to mbox on windows what else could be wrong?

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I havnt opened my PT in awhile but i think inside PT u have to set the output also .... if ur trying to get sound from ur pc i dont think that will work .... A friend of mine has mbox2 and he says he always has to switch the speakers back to computer when he wants to hear the computer .... I wouldnt think that would be the norm but I havnt worked with it myself .... But check inside PT options or prefs and may be output options ..... When i get to my office ill open it and check ......

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
ok but say i dont want to be on pro tools how can i make my shit work while im making beats. i only want pro tools flor recording vocals. cuz right now i cant hear shit. and i only got my mbox as a sound device and thats all i want to use.

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That I cant answer cause I have never seen the interface but a friend of mine says he always has to take his speakers and plug them into the computer when he wants to hear sound from the computer .... I would think u would go into any program u use for beat making and change the sound card to mbox and even programs like windows media player u would go in options or prefs and change the sound card to mbox .... I dont see why that shouldnt work ..... Just check the output for ur programs and see if u can select the mbox as main out ..... Hope some of this info might help .....

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There is a lil program that lets you send audio from your pc through the mbox. Try looking for it on google I'm nowhere near home and can't look up the name for you. If you don't find it by the time I get back I'll post it up.

Peace.