Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
that shit is gonna be crazy,,,i didnt get it yet. I heard some cuts off it,,,jusy crazy! hopefully this shit will get some attention in the mainstream. I mean,,,this bullshit has to end at soem point. how many more thug/drug/pimp/money/rims/escalade,,etc joints do we need?

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm picking that up after work today. I heard a couple tracks and they've been dope.

Hip Hop needs to go back to the mid 90's when the underground and mainstream were one and the same.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth said:
I'm picking that up after work today. I heard a couple tracks and they've been dope.

Hip Hop needs to go back to the mid 90's when the underground and mainstream were one and the same.

word up. its funny too because the two got separated when the suburban fans got involved,,lol I mean the fan base for mainsteam is suburban america.....actually mad kids today just follow what they see so that just fucks it all up.

MaineOne

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
that shit is gonna be crazy,,,i didnt get it yet. I heard some cuts off it,,,jusy crazy! hopefully this shit will get some attention in the mainstream. I mean,,,this bullshit has to end at soem point. how many more thug/drug/pimp/money/rims/escalade,,etc joints do we need?

Let's all start asking that question! I mean really, how much more of the same sounding ish can we take...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Now listen, if i cop this shit and its wack im gonna be MAD pissed. Im open minded and even though this aint my style of hip hop im gonna give it a chance

Dammit, if this shit is wack it will be the second time ive got burned by an illmuzik reccomendation(most cats remember my madlib experince)

Should I invest in this album??? Let me know, most of yall know my musical background and tastes...

class...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
classic said:
Now listen, if i cop this shit and its wack im gonna be MAD pissed. Im open minded and even though this aint my style of hip hop im gonna give it a chance

Dammit, if this shit is wack it will be the second time ive got burned by an illmuzik reccomendation(most cats remember my madlib experince)

Should I invest in this album??? Let me know, most of yall know my musical background and tastes...

class...

i say keep ya money,,,dude,,if ya into that south music then this wont be you,,,,check some of the samples,,,

http://www.wutangcorp.com/

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yeah, a lot of the underground is much softer than mobb deep. Mobb Deep is gangsta but they are real and very talented. one of my all time favorites also. If there is ever an artist that i'm not a fan of in-that they don't inspire me then i just download it. Now if they inspire me... well.. then i pay my dues..

it's like h20 warez.. try before you buy. but we gotta support ill productions an software while everyone is downloading the mainstream an ruining the mainstream profits.. this way the ill kids got cash an the gangster-white-suberbia gets downloaded.. while talented producers an mc's come out with album #2

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
If feel you chrono but since i started producing i never download shit anymore, its hyprocrtical IMO. How can i sit there and download other cats work for free when im gonna be in that same position. I know i wouldent want cats jacking my beats for free.Its a personal view i have.

As far as the WU stuff, i always try new shit. A couple of years ago my hippie roomate in college turned me on to radiohead and ive been a fan ever sense.

class..

MaineOne

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
cool to each his own,

atleast you know what you like!

thats the problem alotta people dont listen, and observe. the dont keep themselves open
they only rock what the next man rocks!!!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
like you said about getting pissed from wasting 15 bucks on complete garbage... shit you know was created by talented people who were just lazy. that's why I protect myself but there's honor in what your doing. I bought FL studio, when i had a cracked version, for the same reason; how could I steal the software when my desire to produce was legitimate. It is very true that what you pay for you take more serious..

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I download ish. I've gotten burned by too many shit albums with two tracks (both singles released on radio) that were dope and the rest of the songs were absolute garbage like broken bottles of Vodka.

I download a couple tracks, if I like it I go buy it. If I don't I end up deleting the ish anyways. It's like listening to the CD in store, except I can do it at home while naked pulling lint (at least I think that's what it is) out of my ass.

The record companies have fucked themselves by turning into gimmick factories. You can't put out shit albums and expect people to pay for it.

the majors are paying record stores to scan their joints too. I go to a store that no matter what CD anybody buys for a ceratain period of time, they'll scan the bar code for a major labels release. You don't know how many times I go into the record store and theirs 8 shelves of some bitch made artist that's supposedly selling X amount of units.

Those joints never leave the shelf. They just sit there until their pull down and sent back to the distributor.

S

shep the gifted

I heard a couple tracks and this was definitely worth the wait. I'm loving MF Doom as always. Good to see U-God back in action.

T

The Bastard

shep the gifted said:
I heard a couple tracks and this was definitely worth the wait. I'm loving MF Doom as always. Good to see U-God back in action.
they reviewed the new ugod in scratch and they said it was garbage, im still gunna cop it to see 4 myself tho

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i love this album, the r.a the rugged man and j-live track is awesome and the whole album is listenable, no skippable tracks. the production is on point, but the highlight for me would be the two tracks that the gza and rass kass collabed on

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Luminous said:
i love this album, the r.a the rugged man and j-live track is awesome and the whole album is listenable, no skippable tracks. the production is on point, but the highlight for me would be the two tracks that the gza and rass kass collabed on

yeah that rass joint is hot, i'ma definantly pick this up

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah this is the kinda ish I can work wit! I'm a RZA & Trumaster production fan fo' sho'. Consider it copped!
ONE